Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BTU

Posted by Namarah 
BTU
April 14, 2013 01:18AM
Hey there. I am not sure if anyone has seen this but its still in early development should be interesting.

[projectbtu.wordpress.com]

of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire. grinning smiley
Re: BTU
April 14, 2013 02:31AM
Mech Assault 3 no thanks.

IF it was a RTS with direct control features like Men of War then cool, but this just the dark place that shall not be named.

Remember shoot or die!
April 14, 2013 09:08AM
More arcadey less realistic pls. It would be way better if everything looked like plastic toys for 3y old children and they fired nerf guns at each ohter. Also what thunham said.

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
April 14, 2013 09:26AM

Q: Does Piranha Games know about your project?
A: Yes. They are receptive to indie & mod teams creating original content
uh huh.

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
April 14, 2013 11:37AM

Q: Does Piranha Games know about your project?
A: Yes. They are receptive to indie & mod teams creating original content

hahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaha

They're in for a rude awakening.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2013 11:37AM by Zweistein000.
April 14, 2013 12:58PM
Wow that video was pretty amazing though, destructible environments, nice looking asset art for that scale. Really good for an early build.

I don't like the game type though, arcade games don't have my replay value. What I'd really like to see it that engine and assets used in a mechcommander style game, multi mech management and a mechlab. Perhaps with the option to take over an individual mech and play play arcade style. And get rid of the pew pew lasers, replace with proper beams.

Also, where do I know that concept art from?

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
April 14, 2013 03:28PM
God, for the biggest derps on the planet you people are elitist fucks

It looks like a pretty early build, who knows, you may control the one unit and control other forces like an RTS....I'd be fine with this...if you get destroyed then no more command for you....would give importance to your command mech

If that's all there is too it then meh, I'd get bored but I'd try it....it's mechwarrior after all I'd have to try it

And no Tom that's not mech assault....not even close

This is mechassault

[youtu.be]

Don't just call stuff MEchassault to be cool and dis a game...

Sometimes I question if you people are actually BT/Mechwarrior fans or just a bunch of overly jaded gamers

Edit: also, if this isn't associated with CryEngine then PGI has no say in the matter...if for some reason however, they work at crytek and are using the engine for a pet project for a BT game whilst crytek is charging PGI at the same time then that's a conflict of interest...just a random situation I thought up, it has absolutely ZERO relevance to any real world events

Edit 2: good find Namarah, I appreciate it at least

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2013 03:37PM by Yalk.
April 14, 2013 03:42PM
Yalk.. did you have to link that crap. Now I'm all depressed.

But you're right. It's not quite as derpy and low as Mechassault. Still it's an arcade game, which isn't good for a franchise that was mostly simulator (or at least tried to be... yes I'm looking at you mechwarrior 4).

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2013 03:44PM by Zweistein000.
April 14, 2013 03:45PM
It looks like it could be a fun game tbh.

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
April 14, 2013 04:58PM
It does look like it could be a fun game yeah. Needs beam lazorz though. The ranges get a bit fucked up, but that's a caveat of that angle and scale of play I guess.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
April 15, 2013 02:00AM
Ok its a early build of Mech Assault 3 for PC with a zoomed out perspective.

I watched the video and got bored2 minutes into it

I like the concept art though, some mechs looked cool and others looked derp, although a lot of them look way too similar to each other with very little variation.

Time will tell what comes from this, but i agree with what Gout is saying, have another Mech Commander style game not just, pew pew blam blam rinse repeat for 30 levels that was 2 hours of fun never touched again.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 02:06AM by Trunham.
April 15, 2013 03:29AM
So basically... this?

Also Yalk I fail to see why just because it's BT doesn't mean this couldn't be ragged on, it does look pretty boring to me (big surprise to you all I'm sure).

Either way, if it were cheap I'd likely give it a shot.

April 15, 2013 05:48PM
Well, they updated today...the mechs and vehicles will have external and internal hit locations with criticals and motive damage for vehicles with consequences taken from the critical hits tables in the technical read outs

So it will basically be like playing Table Top without the dice roles etc.

I agree that the initial video is rather dull, but damn guys...ya'll get excited about the stupidest fucking shit, and then your like, oh hum...another battletech game? who cares, lets go play defeat the aliens generic shooter #30076

I'm not super pumped either from the video, but it was just a test and showcase of the engine and current build....go back and watch any of the early videos of MWLL and tell me that they resemble what was the final product...

<snip> - Basically your wrong Trunham...go actually play a MechAssault game and then come back and re-evaluate your incorrect and blatantly ignorant statements again...(my other version was much less polite and civil), or while everyone is playing "kill the generic aliens" you can go play "Generic Dungeon crawler #35 search for your sisters anus beads"

Trunham

I like the concept art though, some mechs looked cool and others looked derp, although a lot of them look way too similar to each other with very little variation.

So...Battletech?

I will admit though, that if the video is basically the final game play then...meh....especially if its linear like it appeared to be...even if it was styled more like mechCommander it would be meh...that game had 1 replay in it...the real thing that puts me off is no multiplayer

I think it will be fairly cheap, I think I read someplace on their blog that it was free even. But now I can't be sure and can't check at work.

Edit: Because spelling hurts my brain

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 05:53PM by Yalk.
April 15, 2013 07:39PM
Yalk
Well, they updated today...the mechs and vehicles will have external and internal hit locations with criticals and motive damage for vehicles with consequences taken from the critical hits tables in the technical read outs

See that's cool, make it multiplayer and I'll be far more interested, it'll feel like Future Cop LAPD, but with BT, plus playing with people is something far more interesting for me at the moment.

I hope they sort out the particle effects a bit, looks somewhat ropey.

Also that veiled go at NS2 (which I still play and would play with you all) seems a bit uncalled for, it has really interesting gameplay dynamics imo, asymmetrical balance and all that.

All in all, initial impressions are low, but I'm ALWAYS happy to be proven wrong.

April 16, 2013 03:48AM
Lol, it wasn't a shot at NS2 actually...but I thought it might come off that way, couldn't be asked to re-word

I was more referring to the general plethora of pew pew generic shooters some of which involve alieams...my point was, we play all manner of stupid honestly shit games that we draw amusement from, and we aren't even gonna give a BT game the benefit of the doubt? Shamefu dispray....I'm fine with condemning it after we play it (ie I enjoy MWO - agree it disagree, but I couldn't get into Mechwarrior:Tactics)

I hope they reconsider multiplayer...that's the big meh for me right now...

April 16, 2013 03:07PM
Yalk
we play all manner of stupid honestly shit games that we draw amusement from,

Speak for yourself holmie.

April 16, 2013 06:45PM
Well, to be frank you weren't in the initial bashing of this game...so you can fuck off about it, I wasn't referring to you

Go play RO2

April 17, 2013 12:48AM
My penis doesnt know how to respond to this game.
April 17, 2013 03:28AM
Yalk
Well, to be frank you weren't in the initial bashing of this game...so you can fuck off about it, I wasn't referring to you

Go play RO2

Hello Frank.

April 17, 2013 09:54AM
Deathbane

Yo Bane you still here? Cause you disappeared from the face of the internets 1 week ago.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
April 18, 2013 02:18AM
Bill
Yalk

Go play RO2

Hello Frank.

Haha, fair play

April 18, 2013 02:19AM
Deathbane

My penis knows how to respond to seeing a post from you again

Hint: it's mega hard

April 19, 2013 12:05AM
My fault being a social reject.. been catching up at swords since i finally got some money. Ill be around this entire weekend starting tomorrow night.
April 19, 2013 12:37AM
Lol... I guess my initial reaction to it was "meh what ever" simply because most games of today are WOW LOOK AT THIS AWESOME, wait its a pile of actual SHIT!

And also in part I was trying to spare my self the disappointment of another crap CBT game of some kind.

The first showings of it all did seem a little lame but given time then it hopefully will turn into something rather decent, so here is to hoping that in future something fantastic will emerge from something small and menial.

Remember shoot or die!