Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Planethammer 40,000

Posted by IceVamp 
Planethammer 40,000
July 25, 2013 05:44PM
[www.eternalcrusade.com]

Will be keeping an eye on this one.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
Re: Planethammer 40,000
July 17, 2014 05:14PM
[www.youtube.com]

July 17, 2014 06:43PM
That is so fucking alpha im surprised theyve shared it
July 17, 2014 08:22PM
They're doing very open development. On their channel is a lot of short super pre alpha vids.
Cheapest founder's pack is 40 bucks. Includes 40000 spess monies and 4 char slots. Which cost 10 bucks a piece. Alright value.

Also, latest official class list:

Space Marines
Tactical
Devastator
Assault
Apothecary

Orks
Shoota (final name TBD)
'Eavy/Loota (final name TBD)
Stormboy (final name TBD)
Painboy

Chaos
Tactical
Havoc
Raptor
Aspiring Sorcerer

Eldar
Dire Avenger
Fire Dragon
Dark Reaper
Swooping Hawk
Howling Banshee
Striking Scorpion
Warlock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 08:31PM by IceVamp.
July 18, 2014 03:44PM
after mwo im cautious on preorders for an online game....
July 18, 2014 11:27PM
I feel ya. I do. But Tzeentch is not pleased with your lack of faith.

July 19, 2014 03:54PM
My interest in 40k is beyond zero fucks

Sorry vamp, I just find the lore absolute retard

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"
July 21, 2014 01:57PM
YOU'RE a retard.

I like it. The lore I mean. The occasional ret-con aside, almost 30 years of the IP has made a LOT of of it.
It may be for 13 year old boys. But so is big stomping mechs. (Which they have.)

Some of the books are really good. I recommend First and Only by Dan Abnett. He writes well good military fiction. It's about the Guard, so actual people, and not SPESS MAHREENS LOL. It's the first in a series. Get it on audio book for your commute or something. smiling smiley

(I have all of them in .mobi format if you have a pad of some sort)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 01:59PM by IceVamp.
July 21, 2014 09:48PM
Also if we play it we are not playing space marines..

We are either doing it for chaos or gettin redy 4 stompin..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 09:48PM by Deathbane.
July 22, 2014 12:35AM
Did you SEE the image I posted? Of course we're doing it for chaos.

Stomping is f2p though, so you can try before you buy.

July 22, 2014 11:03AM
Guilty as charged. Night lords are pretty cool, would play.
July 22, 2014 02:58PM
They are indeed.
Though you can use spess bucks to get a possessed skin or model for your char. But that doesn't really fit with NL - so torn, because awesome.

July 23, 2014 03:23AM
No Imperial Guard = Not interested.

I'm fed up with battle brothers.

I want grimdak trenches full of shit scared scrubs being slaughtered in throngs then one of them looses it grabs the auto cannon and unloads the entirety of its ammo into a group of bad guys then screams as thousands more take their place.

He then dies but 10,000 others like him take his place.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 03:27AM by Trunham.
July 26, 2014 04:43PM
Don't get me wrong, I will totally play with you guys

I've read into some of the lore, it's just too silly grim dark for me....I didn't grow up with it, so when I read it I just think "campy sci-if horror" .....it's hokey, sorry but it is....

Also, I'm predujice against 40k because it's all you fucking see in game stores....that and occasionally Flames of war...both games are fucking money grabs sinks....

"Oh you want to have fun with this game? Better be ready to buy $200 worth of army or you better just not bother" , "oh and there's a good chance we'll obsolete or ban what you buy and you'll have to get something else"

Then I ask if they have any CBT and I get the response of "oh people still play that? Hurr durr we all play a game with cartoon characterized shoulder pad wearing goons who fight magic wielding ogres that shoot lasers from their nipples and ride dragons (but those aren't tourney legal"

Battletech is just a better game and I'm butt hurt that there are so many fucking retards that love to piss their money away on stupid shit....basically....(my opinion)

Edit: I do have a pad/iPhone so email one, I'll see smiling smiley I might look into the audio book too)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 04:48PM by Yalk.
July 26, 2014 05:42PM
Well, I can't disagree with any of your statements. But it's kinda why I like it. Like, the smallest space faring ships the humans use, have a crew of 20 000 people. Not including servitors (robots). It's just insane.

I'll shoot you a dropbox link to the first Gaunt's Ghosts novel. ^^

July 26, 2014 10:48PM

Yeah the scale of humanity in 40k is insane near incalculable amounts as it is the entire Galaxy not just the local cluster surrounding Sol (our solar system duh tongue sticking out smiley )

Where entire planets are giant cathedrals more or less where the population of earth doesn't even cover .1% of the planet population.

It does anoy my though with 40k why everything has to be grimdack and dark and why taking a shit after a hearty meal is heresy then shouting at the wall because no loo-roll is also heresy.

To the point where reality itself if heresy. like said, i am also fed up with Space Marines this Space Marines that, Space Marines Space Marines Space Marines Space Marines. GIVE IT A FUCKING REST! there are a gazillion other factions within the Imperium of Man why cant they get some spot light time too?

Hell even the Lord Inquisitor would be a nice change of scenery other than fucking dick-wad Ultra Marines, or the abomination of a half arced chapter more commonly known as Blood Ravens, though to be fair without them there would not be the Bold Bruvaz that are Boreal and Diomides.

But still yeah, enough Space Marines, too many Chiefs not enough Indians or rather in this case, too many Spess Mahreens not enough Guardsmen.

Still it is cool that you can be a Apothecary

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 10:52PM by Trunham.
July 28, 2014 11:43AM
Yeah same, but chaos marines will always be cool.

Always.

But yes Yalk, have you tried Alpha Strike yet? Its like a quicker playing version of Battletech for larger battles.. ive read the rules and they are very very nice..

Getting my friends into it and getting a gaming group going hopefully..
July 28, 2014 02:02PM
I must do this for Chaos...

And yeah Yalk after actually reading your whole post it did make me laugh.

Its fantastic that with CBT for about £50 (depending on what website) I can get all source books needed tiles for maps and two entire units of different factions say Steiner and Kurita, set it up and play a game, shame there's no one to play it with but still IT IS possible.

With 40k as you say its silly expense, as that same £50 will buy 1 tactical squad, 1assault or devastator squad and a Razorback APC If Im lucky or just one Leman Russ with a Demolisher Cannon.

But then I would not be able to field half of that because the points cost is silly and a battle is just a handful of men yet for the same price some one like Chaos for instance can field an entire battalion.

Where as in CBT you would be able to field entire invasion forces, granted with that many units the game would take an age and be some what chaotic.

"Good news guys! we have released the -insert name here- generic battle tank! we remolded it to have 45 plastic part this time instead of the normal 30 and we made it from an even more crappy plastic so its brittle and breaks more often!"

"But that's not all due to the only foreseen consequence of being greedy fucks and making the item out of even cheaper matirials we are marking the price of this unit up by 15%!"

"And if your lucky we wont re-release the same tank in 5 months time with one extra smoke launcher for the low low price of £60!"

Hey Games Workshop do us all a favour and throw your selves into the warp and be repeatedly raped by fucking rubber genestealers!

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 02:02PM by Trunham.
July 28, 2014 03:15PM
I'm surprised there doesn't exist a black market of 3D-printed minis yet.

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
July 28, 2014 03:43PM
Give it time.. think 3d printers are still a little expensive. As soon as that changes, i can see model industry being hit as hard as music industry.
July 28, 2014 04:13PM
haarp
I'm surprised there doesn't exist a black market of 3D-printed minis yet.
Oh gods, I didn't even think of that. Been toying with the idea of buying one.
I.. I could make any model I wanted.

July 29, 2014 03:10AM
Be like a cock and balls in power armour, call them willy mahreens

Remember shoot or die!
August 01, 2014 02:53PM
August 01, 2014 03:39PM
lol 9.7 IGN

Remember shoot or die!
August 01, 2014 06:39PM
Buy a 3d scanner and profit even harder?

"Can I borrow that model tonight? Thanks"

Already thought about this for CBT

Battle force for Battletech allows huge amounts of mechs at a fast pace, good fun

October 28, 2014 02:50AM
[www.youtube.com] extremely relevent
November 05, 2014 03:54PM
Re-read through most of thread to remember what it was about...

Get to bottom and see a post from Ensalus with YouTube link

ggclose

December 17, 2014 11:56AM
Any word on if this is shit yet?

December 17, 2014 01:31PM
No sadly. Been cathing a few of the dev streams. They are quite open about their vision and process which is nice.
Some ideas seem kinda... naïve maybe? But if they work, hey!

The progress from the first streams to gameplay now is quite good. And I also like that you can go PvE if you like. (Vs Tyranids)

They kinda had me at Night Lord Raptor, and the ability to play sorcerers.

Atm ETA is ~2015

December 18, 2014 12:16AM
Also,
when people get it. Feel free to refer to me EC-X5UU0Q4KJ130D. That way I get.. internet points. I don't know.

September 27, 2015 04:43AM
Aight, alpha is on.

At this point in time, it's mostly server testing. Plays alright, it's PS2 with spess mahreens. You're pretty clunky, as expected. Melee is in need of an update, which is coming. The block button needs to work, so assaults =/= instant death.

September 30, 2015 09:55AM
I dont want to be a spess mahreen nod do I want to be in spess..

I want to be a guardsman in a trench shitting my self aiming down the sights of my laser rifle with barely any stopping power as and a horde of angry aliens charging at me while the commissar next to me shoots a solder for no reason to inspire the rest of us not to die so quickly.

Then feel the pain of the warp over taking me then appreciate it in great detail as I then devote my life to one of four elder gods of chaos gaining a serious case of acne and crooked teeth then put on a hulking suit of angry looking armour and shoot wub step from a amp cannon screaming "LOUDER! LOUDER! SCREAM TO BE HEARD"

Though I doubt they will add noise marines into the game but meh..

Its a shame the other game that sounded a lot of fun and interesting went down the shitter as it looked pretty good.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2015 09:55AM by Trunham.
September 30, 2015 10:00AM
IceVamp
Plays alright, it's PS2 with spess mahreens.

So the faction we would play as will have shit guns and die a lot and have to outnumber the enemy 500 to 1 in order to achieve anything and shit players (me sad smiley ) will be punished

And no doubt Spees Mahreens will be super OP and the players of said faction will have e-peens so big that they stretch all the way through the internet and out of your computer then ejaculate repeatedly until your swept away down the street in a flood of jizz and butthurt.

Remember shoot or die!
September 30, 2015 10:05AM
Bolter op please nerf.

Remember shoot or die!
October 14, 2015 11:01AM
Actually, bolters are really inaccurate, inless you use stalker pattern, and it takes around 7 shots to the body to kill a space marine. Hitting that tiny head in between mega shoulderpads is kinda hard.

I have no clue how they'll balance Eldar into this shit. It could be too op if they're twice as fast as marines.

Free players will be the waagh. If you can't get gud, you can always go PvE Tyranids.

Melee is still dangerous as fuck. Dropping down as a Raptor and singing slay bells ringing is awesome, then just jet out going so long losers.

Aspiring Sorcerers are the chaos support class. You can heal yourself and others. However anyone at a distance will kill you instantly as you only have a pistol and a power sword.

Only tactial marines can capture points, so the team has to make sure they can reach the points and cap them. This doesn't happen right now as it's all madness and people being stupid.

October 14, 2015 06:01PM
IceVamp

Melee is still dangerous as fuck. Dropping down as a Raptor and singing slay bells ringing is awesome, then just jet out going so long losers.

You don't say? This has peaked my interest, I do love me some JJ's

October 16, 2015 04:54AM
Spess Mahreens OP pls nerf

Remember shoot or die!