ROME II

Posted by Yalk 
ROME II
September 03, 2013 02:31PM
Discuss:

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"
Re: ROME II
September 03, 2013 05:35PM
They had an organised spy network. Pretty cool.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
September 03, 2013 07:11PM
My computer can't play it and you are all cunts.
September 03, 2013 08:56PM
I didn't buy it because I am incapable of being entertained any more.

September 03, 2013 09:03PM
Discussing.

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
September 03, 2013 10:06PM
Steam said lol fuck you enjoy corrupted files, but after re downloading the game and launching it up it runs, but this is a PC game so that means my OLD ASS PIECE OF SHIT CPU just does not cut it any more.

MY CPU runs at 100% but I fear for its health and sanity, i can hear its cries and moans as it screams out PLEASE STOP PLAYING!

Witch is a shame because what I have played is great but its confusing as fuck because so much stuff is thrown at you its a tid bit overwhelming.

Unfortunately Funds are non existent so I cant upgrade sad smiley

When we finally sell the House or rather when the transaction takes place as offers have been accepted then there may be enough cash left over to get a whole new PC entirely, but that depends on how much of a selfish, greedy dick head my Dad is going to be and thats more or less going to be maximum asshole.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2013 01:08AM by Trunham.
September 04, 2013 12:23PM
Upgrade your Father then^^
Preferably with a crowbar ...
September 05, 2013 03:51PM
Playing as Carthage

Iberia has fallen, the General there died in the heroic defense of the city. Unfortunately in his zeal he charged out to meet the landing hordes of barbarians on the shores. This proved successful in defeating and routing all but a handful. Except for the small band that landed in the port un-observed. These took the central square before he and his army could return to force them out. The city fell to a mere 30 men while 400 brave hoplites still fought outside the city.

Sicily is in our grasp however, we've sent a dignitary to the local province to quell the uprisings there. It is our hope to move that army to the Africa campaign once Sicily is subdued completely.

Enemy forces from Africa move on the Jewl of Africa herself, Carthago. Our General there rallies troops to her defense, Our client states of Nova Carthago and Libya are in dire straights having both lost territory. Nova Carthago is down to is final settlement. They are being pushed relentlessly by the Native Iberians.
The Romans to the north are busy with the other Italian tribes, our main concerns at the moment are strengthening our holdings and pushing back to control Africa. we will then move and retake Iberia. Once this is accomplished our Navies will move to devastate Roma to negotiate a peace.

Our troops are better than the Iberians, but there are more of them. We will rectify this, Strengthen our trade and increase income to bolster our offensive armies. We are researching new methods of warfare and armament. Citizens, the future of our beloved city is bright. as we speak our great general whats his name is raising a host to secure our borders here at home. once accomplished will move to retake our brethens home and the rest of Africa, from there Iberia will be ours once again. Then....perhaps, Rome...

September 05, 2013 07:45PM
Wow. That almost made it sound cool.

September 05, 2013 09:01PM
So it's installed on my computer for Tom and by extension me to play it.

It's very impressive, makes me want to upgrade my computer further to see it on the fullest settings.

September 06, 2013 05:04AM
I guess the question is;
Can Clay open one of these in the game?

September 06, 2013 03:09PM
I CAN! and I HAVE!

(I defeated a Numidian army besieging Libya, instead of executing them as is my MO I enslaved the soldiers, knowing how well they work)

Our Hoplite army has crossed into Italia proper! We have secured the two most southern cities from the Romans, The troops there are week Italian rabble. It is presumed that the Etruscans to the north are giving the Romans all they want of battle, we will press our fortune further while we have the opportunity. We will hold the two settlements we have in Italia currently, but by luck we can garner another from the Italian barbarians and perhaps trade it to the Estruscan league for another city we currently do not have the resources to assault. In short the 2nd Punis war is going in Carthage's favor.

Our allies are suffering at the hands of the North africans and Iberian tribes, We do not have the men to spare to help them. Our main battle fleet did however score a critical victory against the tribe that drove us our of Iberia. They dared to assault Sicily, we held them back and forced them to withdrawal, straight into the clutches of our navy. The Iberians are poor soldiers and poorer seafarers, our Fleet utterly destroyed the 3000 man army upon the transports using our more maneuverable ships.
This, at least, has slowed their push for our beloved Carthago, but we must persist in the civic works to recruit the sons of Carthage herself to sally forth and bring the barbarians to heel.

Unfortunately Nova Carthago is no more, scattered before the Iberians...we will reclaim their lands and under true Carthage rule restore their peoples to dignity and glory.

So I ask you Noblemen of the council, our armies stand to push on Roma itself. but are stretched thin to cover our new holdings.

Do we push south and wipe the African tribes from our back door, or West? to blunt the fighting edge of the Barbarian advance.

(There are some issues with the game, capture points in open field battles, but it runs fine on my computer, turn times are long but that's due to all the factions, some elements I don't fancy like army traditions (your army levels up and gains minor stats) this is fine in itself but if the army is destroyed you can raise a new army and place those skills on them, meaning there really isn't any risk to losing a force, don't like)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2013 03:11PM by Yalk.
September 06, 2013 09:51PM
Secure the rightful homeland before dealing with the barbarian dogs I say!

September 07, 2013 06:57PM
Take Africa, the revenue in trade goods, ability of the native troop types (Numidian Cavalry for example) and securing the eastern grain supply of the Romans is likely to strengthen you far greater than a, at best symbolic conquest of Rome itself.

September 07, 2013 08:32PM
Glorious.

Remember shoot or die!