Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freelancer

Posted by Deathbane 
Freelancer
February 13, 2014 12:48PM
Freelancer is a very fun space game. I used to before the mwll days play it religiously in multiplayer. It is easy to.. acquire, and default fl is only a few hundred megabytes in size.

The reason im bringing it up now, is that the freeworlds mod is finally about to release. For those who havnt seen it, its a star wars mod that pushes the engine to its extreme limits, and is exceptionally awesome.

[www.moddb.com]

Would anyone be up for playing this once it releases? It would be quite awesome to form a squad of pirates up and might tide us over as something to play space wise until star citizen releases. Its not perfect, but im really impressed with their progress on it and the graphics overhaul they are putting in.

[www.youtube.com]

Also evochron, but thats harder for the majority of us who havnt got it to source and will probably have less people playing it online.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2014 01:02PM by Deathbane.
Re: Freelancer
February 13, 2014 01:22PM
This is definitely something to consider.
February 17, 2014 09:13PM
I just thought the other day about wanting to fire up EvoChron again...whenever anyone wants to play it I'm up for it....now that we can get infinite moneys and can upgrade our ships, we can truly go exploring to the depths of space...

I'm game for it, I loved Freelancer back in the day....waaaaaay back in the day, I've been itching to bang my head against a obsolete game that will be a royal pain in the ass to get working much less the ridiculously convoluted mod on top of the outdated game that may or may not run....

what was I saying?

oh, right...yes, I'd love to play a StarWars game

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"
February 19, 2014 02:39PM
Freelancer was a ton of fun, It is a damn shame that X-Rebirth tried to be a console version of Freelancer with half the features.

Remember shoot or die!
March 14, 2014 02:31PM
Yeah ok, sounds quite good.

Played old versions of this, was good, albeit broken.

April 10, 2014 11:49AM
Freeworlds: Tides of War is out in two days grinning smiley
April 11, 2014 01:00AM
I require that I fly an X-Wing ....everything else is up to the clan

Is it a single DL? Like Freelancer and Mod all included?

April 11, 2014 08:14PM
We have to take this spice shipment to Dantooine within 10 hours....... OH FUCK! an Imperial Star Destroyer! *jettison cargo and fly the fuck away fast*

Remember shoot or die!
April 12, 2014 04:32PM
Trunham
We have to take this spice shipment to Dantooine within 10 hours....... OH FUCK! an Imperial Star Destroyer! *jettison cargo and fly the fuck away fast*

Don't forget the slight listing to the left

April 12, 2014 09:24PM
itll be fl then the mod. But ill make sure its.. easy to install tongue sticking out smiley

Ill sort it out on Easter Weekend
April 13, 2014 12:53PM
Well I'll blates be up for this, but why any of you would want to fly anything but the finest ships in the Imperial Navy is beyond me.

TIE Defender and the like, but tbh let's just be pirates and jack all technology, I do however intend to go the imperial tech route as much as possible.

April 13, 2014 01:45PM
Tell me this: will the mod run only on legal copy of the game?

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
April 13, 2014 04:18PM
Presumably not if I'm honest.

April 13, 2014 04:22PM
Zweistein000
Tell me this: will the mod run only on legal copy of the game?

I think you could prob get the game for a $1, it's what...a decade old? Is it abandon ware yet?

April 13, 2014 05:32PM
I think it is tbh, they just state you need an official copy (like the SWGEmu) to cover their arses.

Also SWGE would also be fun to look at again, I think they've tidied it up quite a bit since we last played.

April 13, 2014 05:45PM
Just let Matt bundle the whole thing and get that Zwei.
When the po po comes you can tell them how your internet satan worshipper friend told you to play this game with him.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
April 13, 2014 06:06PM
IceVamp
When the po po comes you can tell them how your internet satan worshipper friend told you to play this game with him.

This, if we can set it up hosted and we all grab it I think we could have mondo fun with this.

Espesh as they're doing the whole EU stuff as well by the looks of it.

CJW pirates fighting the imperial remnant with their own tech (except Yalk in his out classed X-Wing spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ), fun times for all hehe.

April 13, 2014 06:21PM
So do we have to actually research tech? Or just buil.. I mean steal, better stuff?

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
April 14, 2014 12:02AM
Bill
IceVamp

This, if we can set it up hosted and we all grab it I think we could have mondo fun with this.

Espesh as they're doing the whole EU stuff as well by the looks of it.

CJW pirates fighting the imperial remnant with their own tech (except Yalk in his out classed X-Wing spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ), fun times for all hehe.

Sounds good to me