Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UltimateGeneral : Gettysburg

Posted by Yalk 
UltimateGeneral : Gettysburg
July 15, 2014 07:42PM
Ultimate General : Gettysburg

It is being made by "DarthMod" the fixer of all Sega Total War games....I think its his company and his first venture. It's early access, but cheap.

I think I'll be getting it for a few reasons...

1. Darthmod is legit, I want to support him
2. Game has gotten good reviews, looks good from video
3. If this game is fairly successful, I would be excited to see what other topics/battles/time periods could be covered by the game engine (napolean?) Revolutionary war? )

4. Little men running around a topo accurate map generating little puffs of smoke
5. We haven't seen anything like this really since Sid Miers : Battle for Gettysburg, or whatever it was called back in the ancient past...

only negative I can see now is...no multiplayer, but I think they are working on that...so possibly in the future, apparently the AI is actually decent but for being susceptible to kiting...

EDIT : UPDATE

I bought and played it for a few last night, was fun. AI is good at positioning. Graphics aren't the best but they are decent enough. controls are odd but simple...more about position, your troops have a pretty big brain, you don't seem to have to babysit them....cannons are good, not sure how to totally make them work yet

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2014 05:21PM by Yalk.
Re: UltimateGeneral : Gettysburg
July 15, 2014 11:32PM
Uh oh. the carnage!

Yeah Darthmod has fixed a lot of stuff for total War games and balanced them out as well as making them overall more enjoyable and polished that the finished product.

Most importantly the fact that AI an no longer some how generate money at will to field 6000k+ armies and sprout more faction leaders at will.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 11:35PM by Trunham.
August 15, 2014 01:05AM
I like the guy, but this game looks like an upscaled version of the 90's style of these games.

There's things to be looking for in these era, have a look at what Flying Squirrel are up to these days Yalk.

August 15, 2014 04:22AM
Will do!

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"
August 16, 2014 08:52PM
Thats what it reminds me of, North and South on the Amiga.

Remember shoot or die!