Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arma 3

Posted by Deathbane 
Arma 3
April 20, 2015 11:05AM
So after my DCS boner reached maximum levels, went ahead and finally got Arma 3.

Between this and the KA 50 / SU 27 / MIG 21, consider me missing in action.

Arma 3 pretty much solves the majority of my gripes about the user interface, even comes equipped with real time mission editing capabilities. for multiplayer. This allows one guy to gamesmaster a fluid scenario and assign objectives etc on the fly.. is pretty fucking neat.

Even the AI seems about 50% less retarded, and the near futurish setting makes it quite different from Arma 2. This plus all the improvements they made make it a worthwhile buy even if you have Arma 2.

Time to get my collective axis sorted so I can become more Helicopters.Its not currently on sale or 'cheap' by any standards, but its definitely worth a look in / saving the cash for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 11:06AM by Deathbane.
Re: Arma 3
April 21, 2015 04:50AM
I already have it as I bought the alpha/beta thing and all that, unless the devs are assholes and demand people buy the finished product again.

It ran enough on my PC but I had to set the graphics to playdough mode and the game fps was tolerable but the game look like ass but when Vecta Sigma (my new PC) is finally obtained then a whole world of glorious PC gaming will become a reality for me meaning that I will play this for sure with CJDerp assuming that we will still have an interest to play the game.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 04:51AM by Trunham.
April 21, 2015 09:00AM
I've recently been playing the wasteland and CTI modes with some of the SJ guys, give me a shout when you play so we can all get together for maximum tactical.
April 21, 2015 11:13AM
Totally down for that mate, and good to hear Tom!
April 21, 2015 11:44AM
Matt, if you're on, we're playing just now. Get on steam or teamspeak every once in a while, would you?
April 21, 2015 03:05PM
Can't today dude, unless you are going to be on midnight your time for a quick hour game?

im at work for another 4 hour at least then i have swords. Will be on Friday / Sat night and all day Sunday.

on an off note, will have some more donation monies to send you once my cheques come through.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 03:07PM by Deathbane.
April 22, 2015 12:42PM
I own this also, did the alpha beta as well (no Tom, you own it, it works)

I need to install this on new PC, was pretty rough last I played...and now new computer should have it running like butter on ultra

I had to set it to play dough settings as well on old computer,

Yes Tom / bane, would love to play with you, anyone that communicates better than ErK and Rad...

."hey guys, got a shot on a morter team, is it ours?"
(Silence)
"...they are wearing blue and grey..:position is 2.blah west of outpost blah"
(Silence)
"...guys? ....ok, I'm taking the shot..."
BAM
<FRIENDLY KIA>
"...oh fuck"
ERK "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT, APOLOGIZE"
<YOU HAVE BEEN KICKED FOR TEAM KILLING>
"...."

Maybe you 2 will be a good translators between Tacticool Finland moonspeak and 'MURICA rebel hick speak
tongue sticking out smiley

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2015 12:45PM by Yalk.
April 23, 2015 08:26AM
Forward! Forward! Forward! Fast! Fast! Fast! Fast! Fast! Fast! Fast!

Enemy...... Man....... 40m left.

Remember shoot or die!
April 23, 2015 12:25PM
Proceed 500 m to SEL EN O GORSK