Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Insurgency

Posted by Yalk 
Insurgency
January 16, 2016 03:44PM
Durka durka alah aach bar

It's a SIM (light) military shooter, it actually handles a lot like arma, but a little less clunky...and more action packed, close maps and no 79min hikes to get head shot

And oddly has a similar load out system to Angels fall first

I picked it up for $5....has a decent player count, if you like arma but hate boredom then you'll like this, not sure if pay more than $5 though.....I wish it was alittle more arcadey in so far as you being able to pick a gun no matter which side, and I kinda wish it was just generic soldiers vs generic soldiers....you are also limited to gun selection by your "class" similar to arma style of select in a squad....I prefer the Galiel (i affectionately call my Jew gun) as special forces and brown people both get it...

It's also hilariously silly having a towel head running around with a duct taped AK-74u or M1 carbine with a $4k holographic optic strapped on it

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2016 03:47PM by Yalk.
Re: Insurgency
January 17, 2016 05:42AM
lol yeah this is effectively Counterstrike (or was) except more of an actual military engagement and not swat team style thing

It used to be a Halflife 1 mod back in the day but then ended up becoming its own release and its fookin hard.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2016 05:43AM by Trunham.
January 26, 2016 02:09PM
It is pretty hard, I did wreck last night though....went 12-0 in a 1 life demolition game mode

basically Arma if you don't want a boot running hike simulator in the middle of your shooter

Giant open world for me is kinda like pure sandbox....awesome in theory and the idea of it is amazing, actual game I don't have the time or patience for

January 30, 2016 06:37PM
Yeah its not exactly exciting or fun if your 4 hour session consists of 3/4 driving around empty countryside.

Unless of course your in a sherman and there is a angry ME262 trying to constantly divebomb you without faceplanting into the ground. lol

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2016 06:38PM by Trunham.
February 01, 2016 02:24PM
That's the thing that gets me though

Arma makes the best stories, and when I think about those stories I really REALLY want to play....the thing is, you have that story and can remember it because it's sandwiched in between two 6 hour sessions where you shot your gun a single time at a tree and alt tabbed out to watch a YouTube video

I think if you had other goals it would be better....i.e., we are a trade convoy not looking for a fight but now we got one (aka open world space game)....when you spend you time looking for a fight and don't find one its pretty disappointing