Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey!

Posted by Bobby 
Hey!
November 27, 2012 10:41AM
Nothing too important, but I wanted to stop by and say thanks for the neat things coming from you folks. Not sure if Haarp recalls, but I've been around for ages, and it's nice to see things get a "facelift" at a time where the mod is at what seems like an all time low.

So kudos to CJW! grinning smiley

I'm not in-game as often as I used to be, but I wouldn't mind dropping in when a few of you are on (maybe even for another game since I haven't really tried anything new lately). I rather enjoyed that SA legging fest that Bill was running some months ago. Had me all giddy and what naught, and it'd be nice to have another dismemberment squad or whatever lol.

Anyway, y'all have a good one!
Re: Hey!
November 27, 2012 02:00PM
Who could forget Bob?

It's a pity we have lost so many players. It doesn't look like there's any way to reverse that. Most players left for MWO or PS2.

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
November 28, 2012 02:03AM
Yea it's pretty bad... I'd honestly say the next patch will either or make or break the dwindling population still left.

Anyway though, I suppose I need to check out PS2. I've been hearing a bunch of good stuff about it. MWO... I'm not sure. I think MWLL's spoiled me on mech combat, and most people seem to be displeased with the way the game works. But meh, I'll see XD

Do you play much MWLL anymore? Or you're pretty much doing your own things in the background?
November 28, 2012 02:28AM
Some of us also simply lack the time to play. Between schoolwork, looking for a job and working on the next patch for mwll, my spare time is severely limited.
November 28, 2012 09:18AM
Ah ok, that makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is the fact you're having a hard time finding a job. I mean, assuming your going for anything in the flavor of IT, I'm surprised people aren't beating your door down trying to hire you with all there is to show in a resume like the mod.grinning smiley

I actually didn't know you were still on the team since I didn't see your tag or what naught on the forum (least last I checked). Not to pry, but is everything shaping up well with all the recent changes?
November 28, 2012 10:50AM
Bobby
Ah ok, that makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is the fact you're having a hard time finding a job. I mean, assuming your going for anything in the flavor of IT, I'm surprised people aren't beating your door down trying to hire you with all there is to show in a resume like the mod.grinning smiley

I actually didn't know you were still on the team since I didn't see your tag or what naught on the forum (least last I checked). Not to pry, but is everything shaping up well with all the recent changes?

It's hard to find a job in IT that allows part-time flexible hours that fit together with school. The modteam keeps on trucking at a faster pace than ever since the .4 patch series, so all's well on that front. I don't wear tags because I'm a ninja developer.
November 28, 2012 11:10AM
eRkkituo
It's hard to find a job in IT that allows part-time flexible hours that fit together with school. The modteam keeps on trucking at a faster pace than ever since the .4 patch series, so all's well on that front. I don't wear tags because I'm a ninja developer.

I'm not sure if you've thought about it much, but you could do what I did when I was in school (and still doing now), work a telecommuting job. Most of those people just want someone to supplement their workload either because they over did it, or they're cheap. In either situation, most pay pretty decently and are fairly lax with the schedule if you explain to them in advance what could possibly be a "problem." But it's just a thought. I actually had the same problem, which is why I looked at this kind of work, and luckily enough I was able to find an opportunity that appreciated my want to do more than flip burgers lol.

I will say, the only downside to the work, unless you're programming, is that you'll more than likely have to deal with quite a few people on a regular basis. So if you're squeamish of dealing with a fair number of people that are just diabolically dumb at times on the phone, I'd make that a talking point during the interview.. XD

Anyway, the mod team should make you a special brightly flannel colored tag that just says "ninja" on it. It's only appropriate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2012 11:12AM by Bobby.