Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NoFunbocks

Posted by haarp 
NoFunbocks
September 25, 2012 12:35AM

Funmode has returned! Our favorite no-coolant, df-CLRM server is back. At least for the time being.
But remember: NO FUN ALLOWED!

IMPORTANT:
-The buy menu is static. It does NOT reflect any changes made!
-Some variants might now be slightly more expensive than the buy menu states! I try to keep them below the rank spawn Cbills, though.
-Variants with additional free tons won't show them properly. Use the buy menu to buy ammo instead. It will work! ( "free tons: -2" )

Global changes:
-No coolant
-Direct-fire Clan LRMs

Variant changes (heatsinks):
-Arrow IV bearers get +2 DHS per launcher if they have <10HS (make up for the immense heat output)

-Clan LPL bearers get +1 DHS per LPL if they have <10 HS (make up for the hilarious heat output)
-Ryoken Prime gets +2 DHS (it is meant to be unoverheatable)
-Loki Prime gets +1 DHS (make up for lack of targeting computer)

-All Osiris variants upgraded from HS to DHS (it's a modern mech after all)
-Long Tom gets +2 HS (no-coolant makes its life harder)

Variant change (general):
-Uller B SRM upgraded to SRM6 (improve resemblance of Alt. Config. B)
-Vulture Prime LRM upgraded to LRM20 (restore the Prime configuration)
-Vulture C LRM downgraded to LRM15 (a necessity with direct-fire LRMs)
-Vulture B changed to 1x ERPPC, 1x LBX5, 2x DSSRM6 (based on Alt. Config. A)
-Mk2 Prime gets +2 tons ammo (improve resemblance of main config)

-Harasser D downgraded to 3x Flamer, 3x Mgun (a necessity with no-coolant)
-Demolisher A changed to 1x Lgauss, 1x Hgauss, +2 tons ammo
-Osiris Prime upgraded to 4x ERMBL, 1x SRM6 (improve resemblance of OSR-3D)
-Catapult Prime changed to 2x LRM20, 4x MBL, +2 tons ammo (due to popular demand)
-Catapult B changed to 2x MRM30, 2x MXPL, +2 HS (based on CPLT-K5)
-Fafnir A changed to 2x ERLBL, 4x ERMBL, 2x Gauss, +3 DHS (based on FNR-5B)
-Fafnir C changed to 2x RAC2, 2x RAC5, 2x LBL, -2 tons ammo
-Fafnir E changed to 4x LBX10, +4 tons ammo (based on the 100-ton Annihilator)
-Shiva E changed to 1x LBX20, 3x LPL, +6 DHS (based on main config)

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.

Edited 60 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 10:37AM by haarp.
Re: NoFunbocks
September 25, 2012 01:22AM
Excellent, should be a blast.

September 25, 2012 09:10AM
Although this was cool, why bring it up again? To troll leer into oblivion?

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
September 25, 2012 12:08PM
Because this mod needs a kickstart lest it descend into irrelevance.

xarg
September 25, 2012 05:51PM
Given the state of the competition, I don't see that being too much of a problem.
xInVicTuSx
September 27, 2012 09:11PM
Oi, I'm cool with the weapon changes or w/e... but if you can't change the buy menu, please don't change/nerf variants.
It's pretty lame to buy something and figure out it has tags or mguns or some shit instead of weapons.
September 27, 2012 09:30PM
I also see mk.2 prime hasn't received any love. Could you at least give it 2 free tones pls?

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
September 27, 2012 10:28PM
xInVicTuSx
Oi, I'm cool with the weapon changes or w/e... but if you can't change the buy menu, please don't change/nerf variants.
It's pretty lame to buy something and figure out it has tags or mguns or some shit instead of weapons.
I know that it's confusing, but it's all I have to work with. I already try to keep those profound changes to a minimum.
The Flamrasser change was necessary because that thing can be devastating in a no-coolant game.
Vult B? Faf A? I have no pity on whoever buys one. The B always ruins any SA game it appears in and the A's IHG were Defender's little ridiculous toys which have no place in this game. The fact that these two variants are a joke now? Well, call me a troll! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 10:59AM by haarp.
September 27, 2012 11:51PM
haarp
Vult B? Faf A? I have no pity on whoever buys one. The B always ruins any SA game it appears in and the A's IHG were Defender's little ridiculous toys which have no place in this game. The fact that these two variants are a joke now? Well, call me a troll! smiling bouncing smiley

(hope the worked right...)

Yeah I hear you there Haarp, the Vulture B is just stupid and a rape machine up close it drains all fun from the game and personally when it comes to the Fafnir that overly impractical piece of derpy looking shit in my opinion would be better off not being in the game at all but oh well.

Remember shoot or die!
September 28, 2012 12:08AM
haarp
Zweistein000
I also see mk.2 prime hasn't received any love. Could you at least give it 2 free tones pls?
Doesn't work.

Yet. I have faith in you (which is kinda scary considering we were mortal enemies 1 year ago, but I admit that was largely because of my childish behavior).

Question: Did you really replace IHGauss with 2xTAG.

You could think of better load-outs, when you find way to update the buy menu. Also have you considered asking Erk, to help you?

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
September 28, 2012 01:54AM
Zweistein000
Question: Did you really replace IHGauss with 2xTAG.

Hahahaha! Hilarious ^^

Do you get double tag laser bills?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 01:55AM by Rajveer.
September 28, 2012 08:09AM
CJW is best tagger!
September 28, 2012 10:03AM
Free tons working now, after all. But for the love of fuck, read the start post!

September 28, 2012 08:42PM
Fuck yeah, 2 free tones on mk2 prime grinning smiley. I love you man!

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
September 29, 2012 09:43AM
The changes suck. Clearly and fully suck. It looks like "ha, I like this variant, I don't like that variant, so i will change it to shit". No real base under variant changes. What's more, those changes can't be used as a balancing info since there are too many of them and they are not following any logic. No coolant - great! But then we get some random additional HSs, that have no tonnage base or anything, not allowing us to see those weapons real behaviour in those conditions.
Then you change variants you don't like to shit, not even thinking about balance or tonnage or anything. This is not the way it should be done.

But the most important part of it is splitting the community even further. Sometimes we may not have enough people to fill at least one server. I can only imagine the frustration for the new players.
September 29, 2012 11:16AM
ELH_Vivicector
The changes suck. Clearly and fully suck. It looks like "ha, I like this variant, I don't like that variant, so i will change it to shit". No real base under variant changes. What's more, those changes can't be used as a balancing info since there are too many of them and they are not following any logic. No coolant - great! But then we get some random additional HSs, that have no tonnage base or anything, not allowing us to see those weapons real behaviour in those conditions.
Then you change variants you don't like to shit, not even thinking about balance or tonnage or anything. This is not the way it should be done.

But the most important part of it is splitting the community even further. Sometimes we may not have enough people to fill at least one server. I can only imagine the frustration for the new players.

Everything has a reason. Feel free to cry after your beloved lolboats, but don't blame me when you suck without them. I've got a good deal of the community behind me on most of these changes. They are not simply subjective likes/dislikes. And if you think a change is needed or unneeded, or a variant disadvantaged, then stop whining and tell me!

Tonnage rules? I pay attention to tonnage rules for the most part:

CLPL bearers: Since I can't fix the heat output of CLPLs, I do the next best thing and add HS. The result is similar. Tonnage doesn't play into this.
Osiris: DHS are the same weight. The Osiris is a modern mech. Since MWLL goes ololol fuck crits anyway, they are disregarded.
Ryoken: The real Stormcrow can dissipate 44 heat for a maximum generation of 41 (or 46 with the additional mlas in MWLL). That's just about unoverheatable. You'd rather have me remove one mlas aswell?
Loki Prime: It lost its 3-ton targeting computer. In return it gets eoptics and C3. Still leaves one ton.
Mk2 Prime: It's supposed to have 4 tons of gauss ammo. It does now.
Uller B: It's supposed to have an SRM6. Oh, also an mlas and slas. Oh, and be unoverheatable, too. I settled on just upgrading the SRM6. It still sucks enough as is.
Vulture Prime: You know the original. It only sucked so much because CLPL suck so much. See above.

There are some changes that ignore tonnage in favor of gameplay:

Harasser D: You don't want those running around, overheating everyone.
Vulture C: Typical lolboat that would pack a mean punch with df-CLRM. Downgrade was justified.
Shiva E: LBX boat that fucks up air combat. Even the god-emperor of fudge, Leer, admitted that and intends to change them.
Fafnir C&E: Mindless lolboats. Packs as many of the biggest guns in the game onto one machine. What is this, MW4? Change is justified. btw, the LBX one was overtonned by at least 10 tons. I won't even bother with crits at this point.
Vulture B: SRM boat that fucks up SA matches. Lolboat becomes trollboat.
Fafnir A: IHG have no place in this game. Gaussboat becomes trollboat.

The changes to Vult B and Faf A are debatable. I will make them not entirely useless in the future.

If you really need fully valid tonnage in a game that's been fudged up and down, left and right, then you'd start by complaining about MWLL. And then you will have to wait until I finish my mechlab.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2012 11:40AM by haarp.
September 29, 2012 12:04PM
Damn well done Job, Haarp.
September 29, 2012 01:07PM

Everything has a reason. Feel free to cry after your beloved lolboats, but don't blame me when you suck without them.
I do not use any of the boats you have changed. However, I feel that the whole idea of changing the boat configs is flawed. If you have removed 4*RAC5 and 4*LBX20, then why there is a NCat with 4*CERPPC and NCat with 5*CERLBL? Those two (CERPPC one especially) are cool enough to run without a problem and wreak havoc much better then RACs or LBXes. That is just one example that your change is very subjective.

MW:LL has it's own building rules, that are different from the original CBT. However, they are strict and universal. You are braking the game balance by lolnerfing and lolbuffing variants. Fafnir C got RAC2s? Then add MPLs or MXPLs to feel up the tonnage.
Shiva E downgraded to LBX10s and 5s? Then add more of them, or add other weapon systems. Why do you think that taking a powerful variant and changing it into shit balances anything?

Ryoken: The real Stormcrow can dissipate 44 heat for a maximum generation of 41 (or 46 with the additional mlas in MWLL). That's just about unoverheatable. You'd rather have me remove one mlas aswell?
Loki Prime: It lost its 3-ton targeting computer. In return it gets eoptics and C3. Still leaves one ton.
Mk2 Prime: It's supposed to have 4 tons of gauss ammo. It does now.
Uller B: It's supposed to have an SRM6. Oh, also an mlas and slas. Oh, and be unoverheatable, too. I settled on just upgrading the SRM6. It still sucks enough as is.
Vulture Prime: You know the original. It only sucked so much because CLPL suck so much. See above.
Again, stop thinking like MWLL=CBT and Leer missed under/over tonnage while doing a building rules leveling pass. Mk2 Prime is supposed to have free tons in CBT, not MWLL! Here, if you want Mk2 to get free tons, downgrade 2 MBLs to SBLs, not simply getting tonnage out from the air.

Loki was never supposed to have Targeting comp in MWLL. The upgrade was done simply because you feel like it.

I do not like the whole idea, but at least if you are trying to change variants - assume that they all have proper tonnage and you just can't add or remove random stuff or base your actions on CBT things.

Fafnir A: IHG have no place in this game. Gaussboat becomes trollboat.
Yea,yea! I see Fafs A raping people left and right. Oh, wait... This is such a rare thing on the battlefield, Fafs Prime are way more usual.Probably, because iHG Fafnir has lower armour, worse support weapons, worse electronics, low ammo count.

If you really need fully valid tonnage in a game that's been fudged up and down, left and right, then you'd start by complaining about MWLL. And then you will have to wait until I finish my mechlab.
MWLL has it's own tonnage and building system, that is working way better for 3D simulator game, then the standard CBT system. Rules are different, but they are strict.

Also, I will say it again: creation of a popular server with heavily changed rules are hurting the already-small player base.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2012 01:10PM by ELH_Vivicector.
September 29, 2012 01:57PM
Yeah, boats should not be balanced simply by removing the variant.
September 29, 2012 03:48PM
Oh Vivi. I'll address your concerns from the bottom to top.

Just for a bit of background: I have spent hundreds of hours designing variants, familiarizing myself with tonnage/crits/heat systems, tweaking stuff to the last quarter-ton and learning about the pros and cons of build rules and their application to various game formats. I have more experience building mechs than the entire dev team combined.

What about you? Do you have any personal experiences? Or are you just mindlessly parroting what others have said, without even understanding it? What gives the dev team better judgement than me? The fact that they made the mod? What does that prove? Are you saying that being on the team magically grants better judgement?
Think about it. And I mean that. Think about it!

Also consider the fact that Kingleer jealously guards his total control over every aspect of the mod. If I wasn't willing to defy him, servers like this couldn't even exist, and the opportunity to actually prove that things can be done differently or better would never have arisen in the first place. We couldn't talk about and actually TEST modifications. We'd have to trust someone else to know what's best for you. To this I say: Fuck that.

Also, I will say it again: creation of a popular server with heavily changed rules are hurting the already-small player base.
Could you prove that, please? Last time I ran a modded server, it actually attracted a whole throng of old players who had sworn off the game. It was a smashing success.
And how is it hurting? While I admit that some changes need better explanations (and a customizable buy menu), I haven't seen anyone stop playing the mod over them. Plus, unlike Kingleer, I offer a choice by providing three completely unmodded servers! You are free to dislike it and not play on it.

MWLL has it's own tonnage and building system, that is working way better for 3D simulator game, then the standard CBT system.
It's not a matter of "working better", it's simple design choices.
By providing 100% accuracy to lasers, the 1-ton medium laser has become very overpowered. MWO addresses this by giving them massive heat output. There are other ways to address it, e.g. boat tax, inaccuracy, etc. MWLL does it by increasing them to 2 tons.

If you do that, however, you kill some variants. The Mk2 Prime loses heatsinks and ammo, the Madcat/Stormcrow/Loki Prime lose a ton of heatsinks, etc. Basically, all variants need changes. And It's not limited to just the lasers being heavier!

Then you have other changes, like hilariously high heat output on CLPLs, CLRMs that are useless at close range, etc. This destroys many of the Clan Primes which were designed around those weapons. How effective is the Madcat Prime these days, for its price? How does it compare to the B, which is a MWLL-esque boat? Ever tried the Cougar Prime lately? Vulture? Loki?

I am not ok with this! Either these variants go completely, or the build system needs changing. My choice should be obvious.

Rules are different, but they are strict.
No, they're not. The dev team often fudged the rules in the past to make some particular variant work or make it fit within certain cost constraints.

Yea,yea! I see Fafs A raping people left and right. Oh, wait... This is such a rare thing on the battlefield, Fafs Prime are way more usual.Probably, because iHG Fafnir has lower armour, worse support weapons, worse electronics, low ammo count.
That is also highly subjective. My point is that dual IHG one-shotting lights at 800m has no place in this game. If that strikes your fancy, go play Counter-Strike and grab an AWP. At least firebombs have a point, need a lot of skill to use and long reload runs. Every kid can grab an AWP.
Furthermore, MWLL avoids experimental tech (with exceptions), but suddenly it's ok, because it was Defender who wanted it? Oh please.

I do not like the whole idea, but at least if you are trying to change variants - assume that they all have proper tonnage and you just can't add or remove random stuff or base your actions on CBT things.
Yet here I am, doing a pretty good job at it, if I may say so myself. And keep in mind that the actual "official" build rules are still kept secret. So everything is based on assumptions.

Fafnir C got RAC2s? Then add MPLs or MXPLs to feel up the tonnage.
I did not pay much attention to the Fafnirs, mainly because the weights are all kept secrets and don't add up in any way that makes sense. The changes are also temporary until I (or someone else) can think of something better.
Add MPLs? How is that less arbitrary than what I'm doing right now?

Shiva E downgraded to LBX10s and 5s? Then add more of them, or add other weapon systems.
Explain to me why I should do that? I didn't downgrade it just for fun. It ruined air combat. And I try to always keep the spirit of the original. Adding other weapons would be even more confusing and completely change the variant. Nobody would be getting what they tried to buy anymore!

Why do you think that taking a powerful variant and changing it into shit balances anything?
It balances air combat pretty well, I'd say. No more one-shotting everything with wings. In case of the Vult B, it also balances SA better. No more perma-shake by people out to ruin others' fun. Do you think that this is subjective? then go and ask others.

then why there is a NCat with 4*CERPPC and NCat with 5*CERLBL?
Good point, actually. I might have a look at those next.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2012 03:58PM by haarp.
September 29, 2012 05:55PM
I've got to side with haarp here, he's testing things out as an alternative to the balance structure placed by the team.

If they're wise they'll use it as a potential test bed for ideas outside of the general populations (which is realistically what they should have done last time in my opinion).

Whilst haarp may have different ideas as to what constitutes balance and fun than a lot of people (i'd say I swing more in his direction personally), he also 100% has the interests of the mod at heart.

But yeah as he pointed out, if you dislike the changes so much there are still 3 other FB servers to choose from....

September 29, 2012 07:05PM
haarp

Rules are different, but they are strict.
No, they're not. The dev team often fudged the rules in the past to make some particular variant work or make it fit within certain cost constraints.

Since MWLL is still a beta, the rules already have and still can change multiple times. However, the recent patches made changes to all variants (where necessary) to keep them within the constraints of the current build rules.

haarp

That is also highly subjective. My point is that dual IHG one-shotting lights at 800m has no place in this game. If that strikes your fancy, go play Counter-Strike and grab an AWP. At least firebombs have a point, need a lot of skill to use and long reload runs. Every kid can grab an AWP.
Furthermore, MWLL avoids experimental tech (with exceptions), but suddenly it's ok, because it was Defender who wanted it? Oh please.

HAARP, only noobs take the IHG Fafnir, trust me winking smiley. Its advantages do not outweigh the advantages of all the other Fafnir Variants. They are all truly better and the Fafnir Prime is boss. That said, I am fine with the IGH variant being removed (or whatever you have done with it) winking smiley.

haarp

Fafnir C got RAC2s? Then add MPLs or MXPLs to feel up the tonnage.
I did not pay much attention to the Fafnirs, mainly because the weights are all kept secrets and don't add up in any way that makes sense. The changes are also temporary until I (or someone else) can think of something better.
Add MPLs? How is that less arbitrary than what I'm doing right now?

Shiva E downgraded to LBX10s and 5s? Then add more of them, or add other weapon systems.
Explain to me why I should do that? I didn't downgrade it just for fun. It ruined air combat. And I try to always keep the spirit of the original. Adding other weapons would be even more confusing and completely change the variant. Nobody would be getting what they tried to buy anymore!

He means because there is probably tonnage left which you didn't fill up, gimping the variant. However, @ELH_Vivivector, it's not the point of every variant to fill them up to the mech's tonnage limit. There are many variants that are deliberately under-tonned to keep them in a lower price range.

haarp

Why do you think that taking a powerful variant and changing it into shit balances anything?
It balances air combat pretty well, I'd say. No more one-shotting everything with wings. In case of the Vult B, it also balances SA better. No more perma-shake by people out to ruin others' fun. Do you think that this is subjective? then go and ask others.

then why there is a NCat with 4*CERPPC and NCat with 5*CERLBL?
Good point, actually. I might have a look at those next.

Again, please try to think about how you would change the weapon itself or the build rules in order to balance variants. Just changing a lolboat variant so that it is not a lolboat variant only solves the problem intermittently.

Bill
I've got to side with haarp here, he's testing things out as an alternative to the balance structure placed by the team.

Yeah, but changing the variants instead of the build rules or weapon stats is not really changing or testing anything. Only changing the variant does not make the problem go away. If 4x DSSRM6 on a Mech are still too powerful and if you are still able to put them on a mech as per the build rules then it's still a problem and you simply need to think about what can be done against it.

On that particular note: one thing the devs (Maus I believe) have done is reducing the ammo of (D)SSRMs. Which solved nothing for the Vulture B and only gimped variants like the Owens B. And which thankfully Maus also has realized by now and will look at it again at some point in the future... Another change that will happen to the SSRM problem is shake dampening according to mech size. But that still wouldn't solve the core problem with a 4x DSSRM6 boat. It would still be ridiculous, unless shake is dampened across the board with that as well.
September 29, 2012 07:48PM
There's limits to what he's capable of doing....

Considering the framework he's working within he's doing a grand job.

September 29, 2012 09:58PM
You are bringing up valid points. But bear in mind that I'm limited in what I can do in the first place. For instance, it is not possible to add or remove weapons, just to swap them.

He means because there is probably tonnage left which you didn't fill up, gimping the variant.
Yup, but what am I to do? I can't leave the LBX Shiva as-is. I can't add weapons. I'd only reluctantly change the spirit of the variant. So what's left? Do you have other suggestions?
One idea is to emulate the original Shiva, to a degree. It had 4x LPL, 1x LBX20, 1x SRM6. Considering the limits mentioned above, I could give it 3x LPL and 1x LBX20. That doesn't sound very appealing either, does it?

Again, please try to think about how you would change the weapon itself or the build rules in order to balance variants. Just changing a lolboat variant so that it is not a lolboat variant only solves the problem intermittently.

Yeah, but changing the variants instead of the build rules or weapon stats is not really changing or testing anything. Only changing the variant does not make the problem go away.
Of course. What I'm doing is mainly ugly workarounds, not actual fixes. It's all I have to work with, though. If I could change the buy menus and change loadouts more thoroughly, you'd be seeing a ton of new and more interesting ones.

If 4x DSSRM6 on a Mech are still too powerful and if you are still able to put them on a mech as per the build rules then it's still a problem and you simply need to think about what can be done against it.
You are exactly right here. And I already have a solution for this and many other problems. But that will have to wait until a more thorough mod of mine is complete. It will introduce a mechlab that solves many of the prevalent problems.

On that particular note: one thing the devs (Maus I believe) have done is reducing the ammo of (D)SSRMs. Which solved nothing for the Vulture B and only gimped variants like the Owens B. And which thankfully Maus also has realized by now and will look at it again at some point in the future... Another change that will happen to the SSRM problem is shake dampening according to mech size. But that still wouldn't solve the core problem with a 4x DSSRM6 boat. It would still be ridiculous, unless shake is dampened across the board with that as well.
This is an interesting anecdote, and something that always irked me. It's about the free ton of ammo that every weapons receives. Now obviously, weapons can not share ammo bins between them (yet), but it is nonetheless something that needs to be solved.
If dual launchers didnt receive dual free ammo, this problem wouldn't exist. But then you might argue that two individual launcher still receive two free tons. Which illustrates just how stupid the whole concept really is. If ammo wasn't free and you actually had to make room for it, the issue would resolve itself. Dual launchers would need twice the ammo for the same staying power as the single launcher.

I have changed both Vulture B and Fafnir A away from troll variants, btw. Check them out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2012 10:33PM by haarp.
September 30, 2012 12:55AM
Question: Have you tried to change the MWLL primes into as-close-as-possible CBT primes? I wonder how many of them would actually work out.

I don't know what you've done with vulture b yet, but If this variant fails I've been thinking about mimicking the arctic wolf load out:

2x DSRM-6 2x CLRM15, ECM and JJ if you can make that work (I know you've tried MASC and it didn't work). Also MK.2 Prime is way better now with 2 extra tones for ammo and I like it how with no coolant, it takes so much more skill to operate some mech variants (Black Lanner prime for example: If you find the right time and pattern to cycle your weapons, you can fire them all and not overheat or you can alpha and die from heat meltdown grinning smiley )

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2012 12:52PM by Zweistein000.
September 30, 2012 06:14PM
The only time I've really used coolant is in emergency I've always been mindful of the heat that the weapons of my Mech generate and I group them up into types and set certain ones to chain fire for example of a Clan Mech (doesn't matter what) has two CERML and two CLPL then I would group up the CERML together and the CLPL together how ever I would chain fire the CLPL to reduce heat out put

But also note that Heat-sinks are not there to keep you cool they are there to "Sink" the heat and disperse it once it has been generated.

Also Haarp really I hope you don't add in a Mechlab as that would break the shit out of the game because think about it how many people do you think would make cheese boats and try fitting as many CERPPC.s or IHG on there mech as they could, However I will trust in your skill and knowledge to make something that works. (despite how broken it might be)

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2012 06:20PM by Trunham.
October 02, 2012 02:54PM
Feedback about the new Vulture B:

After I took the variant I must say I like it. Although the 2xGauss variant suits me better, this one provides good long range firepower while still remaining potent short-range. Even though it lacks 2x SSRM-6 it has 2 free tones for its 2 SSRM-6, giving it some staying power (at the cost of firepower). It's LBX-5, Although a lot weaker than ERPPC gives it an ability to maintain fire, while you wait for your heat to sink. Speaking about heat, I'm not sure if those free tones, left when it lost 2x SSRM-6, shouldn't be used up on DHS, because the heat efficiency only seems slightly above what it generates (If you continue firing your SSRM and LBX the heat doesn't drop at all, but is rather maintained at the same level). What I recommend is maybe add 2 DHS instead, as 180 ammo on 2 SSRM-6 and the fact, that you are likely to maintain range and not run in (this is a support mech after all) should make it so, that you almost never require those 2 free tones anyway (and you you do burn through 180 ammo, then you are likely so damaged that you need to RTB anyway).

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
October 03, 2012 06:06PM
I have replaced the 6x regular SRM6 with 4x Streak SRM6 while keeping the same ammo count. If you don't insist on alpha-striking, it works just fine.

There have been further changes. See the start post.

October 04, 2012 02:33AM
Wank fapp and stroke

Edit: also, we should use nofunbocks for PL

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 02:41AM by Yalk.
October 04, 2012 09:20AM
Yalk
Edit: also, we should use nofunbocks for PL

Yes grinning smiley

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
October 04, 2012 10:27PM
I wanted to play on it last night...was it taken down?

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"
October 04, 2012 11:39PM
No, it's still up and running.

October 07, 2012 09:42PM
I have something to say about having PL matches on NoFunbocks but I wont for as much as I dont give a toss about the feelings of those it may offend (No one in CJW as they are my bro's) Its just not worth the shit and hassle It would cause.

Remember shoot or die!
October 22, 2012 01:13AM
Say it anyway you dufus
October 23, 2012 11:15PM
Pl is dead, ELH are scum and both dont fit on NoFunBocks.

Said, done.
Next !
November 18, 2012 10:43AM
very naughty, you must be punished.

CJW is gone from HPGrelay

proxy sox are fun yeah ?

On a serious note: hope you are feeling better bill, Oprah says no btw, too boringhot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 10:45AM by GetFocht.
November 21, 2012 03:33PM
Have any of the suggestions in the Heat! thread been implemented in nofunbocks besides no coolant? If not, any chance they will?
November 22, 2012 12:10AM
okaolias
Have any of the suggestions in the Heat! thread been implemented in nofunbocks besides no coolant? If not, any chance they will?
Nope, sorry. I can't change heat-related settings because they're all hidden in the code.