Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Funbocks Alpha, TSA_Clearcut

Posted by Str1k3r 
Str1k3r
Funbocks Alpha, TSA_Clearcut
October 08, 2012 07:22AM
Hey, wasn't TSA_Clearcut banned from the game already? tongue sticking out smiley

You have TSA_Extremity in the rotation as well, which might not be the best one as well to keep the population happy.

And yup that's all. Oh and maybe sorry, felt obliged to be the first to complain about it. grinning smiley
Re: Funbocks Alpha, TSA_Clearcut
October 08, 2012 10:38AM
I agree, though the point of Funbocks Alpha is to simply run all official maps, I guess winking smiley. We can always switch to Beta when those maps come up, assuming that no horrible custom map is currently running on Beta...
October 08, 2012 05:16PM
Alpha runs official maps. For personal preferences, Beta runs a maintained rotation.

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
October 08, 2012 07:05PM
Ok you're the boss. I'm happy enough as its run now. (its Str1k3r btw)
October 08, 2012 07:17PM
Well, some forum guys wanted a server running official maps drinking smiley

October 08, 2012 08:32PM
And I welcome the change. Its good to see TC ThunderRift back and others.
October 11, 2012 09:56AM
IMHO, not every official map is a good choice. TSA_Clearcut is not loved by devs and create a really bad gameplay. IMHO, should be excluded. TSA_Extremity... Your choice... I like the map, but most people don't. Good way to free up the server =D
October 11, 2012 07:25PM
ELH_Vivicector
Good way to free up the server =D

Exactly, me and a bunch of players switched from the Alpha to the Beta when Clearcut popped up. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 07:26PM by Bruno_007.
October 11, 2012 07:34PM
Bruno_007
ELH_Vivicector
Good way to free up the server =D

Exactly, me and a bunch of players switched from the Alpha to the Beta when Clearcut popped up. tongue sticking out smiley
Proof that it works as intended spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

October 21, 2012 12:01PM
I dropped Clearcut and Extremity from Alpha again. Have fun.

Blhurr
October 24, 2012 08:08PM
All alpha maps should be removed from beta. It's like all official maps all the time these days.
October 25, 2012 08:17PM
Blhurr
All alpha maps should be removed from beta. It's like all official maps all the time these days.
Blame the dice gods eye rolling smiley

I really don't need to make Beta even more unattractive by removing official maps. It's supposed to be a healthy mix with a focus on customs, not exclusively customs.

Blhurr
November 14, 2012 02:28PM
Kicking dead horses back to life.

I don't understand your logic. If beta is only attractive becaus of the official maps being played on it then remove the custom maps. If on the other hand there are custom maps that people enjoy playing then those maps should see more exposure by either culling the bad custom maps from rotation and/or removing th official maps which get a huge amount of exposure across all servers anyway.

My motivation for map making has plummeted in recent weeks. What I would like to see is increased exposure of my recent projects. Yes that sounds self serving but let me broaden the statement by stating that I'd like to see increased exposure for all recent efforts of community mappers, TC_Stonerose, TC_Snowblind etc. I can't speak for other mappers and their efforts but if no one ever plays another round of feral fangs again I could care less. This is paricularly true if removal of that map means recent efforts see a higher probability of exposure.

I see the server rotations like radio broadcasts. We have a classic rock station and an all inclusive hits of the 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s 00s 10s. What we don't have is a top 40 station that is playing new and popular stuff.

If you don't appreciate the metaphor that's fine but the current format is bleeding players anyway so what's the harm?

Also, why is beta pure tech? If you believe the hype then the official maps were designed with an end goal of pure tech in mind and I can assure you that 99% of the custom maps were most assuredly not. If anything, alpha ought to be pure.

Now before you get bent out of shape let met close by saying that as always I appreciate everything you are doing and have done. It just seems to me that the developers are more interested in the mod than the players these days so maybe we should cater more to them?
November 14, 2012 07:03PM
It's simple, Blhurr.
1) I want my players to enjoy custom maps
2) Players tend to avoid custom maps

The fact is, a customs-only server wouldn't be very popular. But I won't pretend to not see your point. I'll try to alleviate things a bit.

I've swapped puretech over to alpha and removed official pre-0.6 maps from Beta. That should make things a little more interesting.

November 14, 2012 11:03PM
haarp
I've swapped puretech over to alpha

Hm, not sure if want.
Blhurr
November 15, 2012 12:01AM
Hah well ya. Part of the logic I thought was flawed was that beta's unpopularity could well be due to its pure tech designation as much as anything else.
Blhurr
November 15, 2012 12:03AM
Nonetheless I appreciate mixing it up realizing any change it bound to make someone happy.