Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maps on Funbocks Alpha

Posted by haarp 
Maps on Funbocks Alpha
August 20, 2014 02:03PM
Since Funbocks Beta is pretty much dead, I've decided to shut it down.

As per [forum.mechlivinglegends.net], I've added some custom maps to Funbocks Alpha.

We'll see how well this works. If it's good, I'll consider adding more maps. With the map voting feature, this should finally please everyone (yeah, right drinking smiley)

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
Re: Maps on Funbocks Alpha
August 29, 2014 03:17AM
Hi Haarp, apparently everything is working well. The only problem I see is that the server restarts (very quickly) when it switches to a custom map, after a map vote, so everyone get disconnected, but that is not a blocker issue

Anyway can you consider to add these maps, please? Yeah, I know, there are a lot of them in this list. If you can't add all of them, can you at least add the first three ones? Thanks

[clanjadewolf.net] - TC Frontlines
[clanjadewolf.net] - TC JungleImpact
[clanjadewolf.net] - TC Desolation
[clanjadewolf.net] - TC Feral Fangs
[clanjadewolf.net] - TC Slurm
[clanjadewolf.net] - TSA NocturnaolValley
[clanjadewolf.net] - TC StoneRose
[clanjadewolf.net] - TSA New Roland
[clanjadewolf.net] - TC Phlegeton
[clanjadewolf.net] - TC Harvest
[clanjadewolf.net] - TSA ForestValleyV2
[clanjadewolf.net] - TSA River
[clanjadewolf.net] - TSA Underground

I live in the shadows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 03:24AM by Starch1ld.
August 29, 2014 11:01AM
Of course it restarts quickly. I don't see the problem. If people get disconnected, that means they have to download the map. I'm sure you know this problem:

- Server with 12 players switches to custom map
- 6 players have the map, join
- "Where'd everyone go? This sucks, I'm leaving"
- The remaining 6 players finish downloading, join
- "Where'd everyone go? This sucks, I'm leaving"

As for the custom maps, Please don't throw big lists at me. I'm all for adding individual, good maps, but not everything under the sun. People still vote for Sandblasted half the time anyway.

August 29, 2014 03:51PM
haarp
Of course it restarts quickly. I don't see the problem. If people get disconnected, that means they have to download the map.

Eh, nope. The problem is that everyone get disconnected, even players who already have that map installed. That's what I meant. Should have specified it eye rolling smiley
Basically we get the red pop up window which says "disconnected from the server".

haarp
As for the custom maps, Please don't throw big lists at me. I'm all for adding individual, good maps, but not everything under the sun.

Well I thought that the first 3 were good enough, but whatever.

I live in the shadows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 03:52PM by Starch1ld.
August 29, 2014 04:32PM
Alright, I added three more maps. Let's let it settle first and we'll see waht actually end up being played.

Starch1ld
haarp
Of course it restarts quickly. I don't see the problem. If people get disconnected, that means they have to download the map.

Eh, nope. The problem is that everyone get disconnected, even players who already have that map installed. That's what I meant. Should have specified it eye rolling smiley
Basically we get the red pop up window which says "disconnected from the server".
That shouldn't happen. Any particular map this happens with?

August 29, 2014 05:44PM
haarp
Alright, I added three more maps. Let's let it settle first and we'll see waht actually end up being played.
Thanks smiling bouncing smiley

haarp
Starch1ld
haarp

That shouldn't happen. Any particular map this happens with?

I don't remember the details now, but tomorrow hopefully I'll be at home and so I'll be able to give you more informations about this.

I live in the shadows
August 30, 2014 07:26PM
Ok, that's what happened while the server switched from TC Ring of Fire to TC Zoetermeer. I had the map already installed

I live in the shadows
August 31, 2014 10:46AM
Hello!
Can you set my maps to your rotation please?

TC Desert Sun - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Screens - [forum.mechlivinglegends.net]

TC Knolls - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Screens - [mwomercs.net]

TC Swampland - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Screens - [mwomercs.net]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 11:24AM by Saitou_san.
August 31, 2014 11:44PM
Got a different error this time while switching from TC Iceplanet to TSA Underground after a !rockthevote. But still the same effect: everyone (even who had this map installed) got disconnected

I live in the shadows
September 02, 2014 05:34PM
Hi there!
I think discretion is the better part of valor, so please go easy with those custom maps. Some of them are really good and universally liked while others are not so great. New and different kinds of maps may be good for few rounds of fighting but old favorites are voted for simple reasons: they are easy to play, provide wide range viable tactics and are suited for most assets.
September 02, 2014 07:36PM
Tryed to connect today to TSA New Roland on ALPHA. had not this version of the map, autodownload it. After that the server told me that version of map is different then on the server. Retryed to download- the same, the cicle continues. Map on the autodownload link and on the server have different versions.
September 02, 2014 08:56PM
Hmmm... I was there too and had no problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2014 08:58PM by TheGrandArbiterOfFunAndBalance.
September 03, 2014 11:35AM
Saitou_san
Hello!
Can you set my maps to your rotation please?

TC Desert Sun - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Screens - [forum.mechlivinglegends.net]

TC Knolls - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Screens - [mwomercs.net]

TC Swampland - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Screens - [mwomercs.net]
Hey

I've added Desert Sun. If the feedback is positive, I'll add the others aswell.

On a note, please make sure to name archives the same as the map - the map is called TC_Desert_Sun, but the archive TC_DesertSun.zip. Although with mwllmaps.com dead again, I guess it's not as relevant anymore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2014 11:44AM by haarp.
September 03, 2014 11:42AM
Saitou_san
Tryed to connect today to TSA New Roland on ALPHA. had not this version of the map, autodownload it. After that the server told me that version of map is different then on the server. Retryed to download- the same, the cicle continues. Map on the autodownload link and on the server have different versions.
Indeed, I found the problem. The autodownloader was referring to TSA_New_Roland.zip, while it should've been TSA_New_Roland_V2.zip. The map itself is still called TSA_New_Roland however. I've corrected the problem. Thanks for catching that.

Problems like this often appear when mappers don't keep their maps properly versioned. All aspiring mappers, please have a look at [forum.mechlivinglegends.net]

September 03, 2014 11:54AM
Starch1ld
Got a different error this time while switching from TC Iceplanet to TSA Underground after a !rockthevote. But still the same effect: everyone (even who had this map installed) got disconnected
Server logs don't indicate anything being wrong. I can only imagine that it might be related to the map. Are you sure it happens to everyone?

September 03, 2014 01:07PM
haarp
Starch1ld
Server logs don't indicate anything being wrong. I can only imagine that it might be related to the map. Are you sure it happens to everyone?

Yes, it happens to everyone, I'm pretty sure about that. Well maybe it's because of the map, but whatever. As I said, it's not a blocker issue. As long as we can reconnect and keep playing, I guess it's ok. winking smiley

I live in the shadows
September 18, 2014 08:57AM
Fixed TC_Desert_Sun map here - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Please update it.
September 18, 2014 05:59PM
Saitou_san
Please update it.
Updated. Please remember to version your maps!

October 18, 2014 08:31PM
Saitou_san
Please update it.

Nope, still broken...
I think I figured out why: apparently it requires some resources from original Crysis Wars maps. Basically, if you install Crysis Wars using the original CW installer and then install MWLL as a mod, it's ok, but if you just install MWLL using CJW's installer, which doesn't have the original CW maps included, you will see this.

I live in the shadows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 08:32PM by Starch1ld.