Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Primulus

Posted by Gouty 
Primulus
April 24, 2014 01:48PM
Just going to copy and paste what I put on the MWLL forums cos I am a lazy fuck. Anyway, we all like SS13, this looks like SS13 only better. Thought you might find it interesting. Oh and sorry I have been such an antisocial cockend recently, no real excuse, just busy and ting

For those who don't know, Primulus is a game in development, very much like Space Station 13, if you don't know what Space Station 13 is then... there is no hope for you.

SS13 is a round based role playing game where you and other people crew a space station, must see to its upkeep, research, etc, and must survive dangerous situations (traitors, terrorists, meteors, anomalies, clowns etc.) Game Engine (Byond) is terrible, looks like shit, difficult to learn but once you get over the initial hump and immerse yourself in it, it is one of the most rewarding, fun gaming experiences. Prepare to loose a lot of time to it.

Lots of news!

News #1

They have a prototype available for download. I haven't tried it yet, but I will be as soon as I can.

News #2

They have a Kickstarter campaign, and so far it looks pretty well thought out and reasonable (although I am a bit miffed that Clowns are a stretch goal)

News #3

They are on Steam Greenlight. Which I have become disillusioned with recently due to their its lack of screening, but anyway, give it a vote, it certainly looks much better than most of the concept art only with no realistic plans tripe that you see on there.

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
Re: Primulus
April 24, 2014 05:11PM
So I can run around and fuck stuff up in 3d now. Great. 2 out of 3 games of SS13 ended with me dead or in brig. I will strive to do better here.

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
April 26, 2014 06:05AM
Isn't that how all you people end....

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"
April 26, 2014 11:36PM
That feel when you play the SS13 server that they're associated with and kind of know the people developing that.
April 27, 2014 12:21AM
Honk

Remember shoot or die!
April 28, 2014 11:02AM
What server do they frequent Ens?

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
April 29, 2014 09:44PM
Pllllz gimi halk.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2014 09:44PM by Trunham.
May 09, 2014 11:12AM
Sent Kotaku an email to see if they'd consider promoting it in a small article because of its unique gameplay.

Sad to see hardly anyone know about it considering the effort they've put into that brief
May 10, 2014 04:12AM
Let's all give it a whirl then?