Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Distant Worlds : Universe

Posted by Yalk 
Distant Worlds : Universe
February 02, 2015 02:27PM
Wondering what anyone's thoughts on this are...

Basically EU4 in space. it's pretty neck beard...I've read the automation and AI are pretty solid, but can get annoying when you want full control.

I think it could be pretty addictive, just gotta get over the poop graphics. Continuous time games are my crack...

I think having the majority of your navy under the AI and having control of a single pimped out strike fleet sounds up my alley.

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 02:57PM by Yalk.
Re: Distant Worlds : Universe
February 02, 2015 02:45PM
>Europa Universalis
>In space

Fuck you, i barely had any free time as it was.
February 02, 2015 03:00PM
Hmmm.. Will need utubz gameplay vids.
Also, consider slapping in links when making these threads. So one can be megalazycouchbeet.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
February 02, 2015 07:30PM
Usually on phone, so not very likely

Be warned, I looks like ass...not in a good, eff goliathV macro'er kind of way either

I can't get a fix on this game, EU4 is the perfect amount of complexity to me...scared of it, little bit

Edit:
Also, it's pretty expensive...$60 ouch, but I feel compelled to give money to rts and strategy game makers, niche at this point to get them to make more...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 07:38PM by Yalk.
February 03, 2015 10:57AM
Yalk
Be warned, I looks like ass...not in a good, eff goliathV macro'er kind of way either
I didn't want to say anything, but you know, since you bring it up..
HA!

Anyways, like I said. will have to inspect it further. However, for not ass looking but similar, Stardrive is pretty fun. Probably not as detailed though, but the harder AI's do make you work.

February 03, 2015 01:39PM
IceVamp
Yalk
I didn't want to say anything, but you know, since you bring it up..
HA!

Anyways, like I said. will have to inspect it further. However, for not ass looking but similar, Stardrive is pretty fun. Probably not as detailed though, but the harder AI's do make you work.

That game has a mixed 47% Positive rating on steam. Will not buy.

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 03, 2015 07:10PM
I would find out a more reliable source of information rather than player reviews on steam as there are an awful lot of retards that do not know their arse from their elbow and think that earning experience in a game makes it an RPG.

As for the "curators" they just piss me off as 3/4 of them are dick wads who are full of them selves and like the sound of their own voice and are full of shit. *cough cough* IGN *cough cough* not to mention most of them are also bought.

A safe bet is to wait until the game is more developed and see how it fairs over time, personally I don't put much suck into early access games unless its something I really like and know I would enjoy, thers just too fucking many minecraft clones and broken zombie survival games with "insert clever horror or undead related title here" as their name and barely any of them make it out of alpha or beta simply because they are just shit.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 07:14PM by Trunham.
February 03, 2015 08:38PM
We aren't discussing distant world's any more are we? Because it's overwhelmingly positive last I checked...

February 03, 2015 08:43PM
Trunham
I would find out a more reliable source of information rather than player reviews on steam as there are an awful lot of retards that do not know their arse from their elbow and think that earning experience in a game makes it an RPG.

As for the "curators" they just piss me off as 3/4 of them are dick wads who are full of them selves and like the sound of their own voice and are full of shit. *cough cough* IGN *cough cough* not to mention most of them are also bought.

A safe bet is to wait until the game is more developed and see how it fairs over time, personally I don't put much suck into early access games unless its something I really like and know I would enjoy, thers just too fucking many minecraft clones and broken zombie survival games with "insert clever horror or undead related title here" as their name and barely any of them make it out of alpha or beta simply because they are just shit.

From what I've hear the development for Stardrive has stopped when it was half done.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 03, 2015 08:44PM
Yalk
We aren't discussing distant world's any more are we? Because it's overwhelmingly positive last I checked...

Nope I was discussing IceVamps game - Stardrive.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 03, 2015 11:39PM
Zweistein000
Yalk

Nope I was discussing IceVamps game - Stardrive.

GOD CALM THE FUCK DOWN! I WAS ONLY ASKING

<insert long ass pointless explanation>

EDIT: sorry, forgot. This is sarcasm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 11:44PM by Yalk.
February 04, 2015 03:17AM
Lol when I was posting these reply I most of the time have a lot on my mind and it can often become fuzzy in what I am trying to say.

But what in meaning of what I was saying or said is that I am not a mega fan of EU4 not because its shit because its not but it is much more of a game I would rather watch than play myself.

Part of my point still stands though, wait for more info before deciding as who knows it might turn out to be a piece of ass or it might turn out to be a really decent game.

Remember shoot or die!
February 04, 2015 10:02AM
Are... are you talking about Star Drive, EU4 or Spess EU4 now? o.0
Because yes, a lot of planned features for Star Drive got canned. I like it still, but having MP would be boss. Designing your own ships to make them superior and crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their females is good.

/back to DWU.

February 04, 2015 10:20PM
Space Jesus.

Remember shoot or die!
February 04, 2015 11:22PM
Just to be clear, Distant Worlds is a finished game that's been out for a couple years now

February 06, 2015 10:55AM
Stardrive was very promising but then the developer fucked it up, this looks complete so i might pick it up when i get more dollar.
February 06, 2015 01:27PM
It'll also most likely go on sale this summer

I'm either getting this or Elite for my Bday, if I get this I'll report in how I like it

February 07, 2015 04:59PM
Elite Dangar would be fun to get, I would have to learn to play it with mouse and keyboard again, playing IL2 Sturmovick was a real pain but satisfying shooting down planes without a flight stick.

Also getting it now would be a waste until I have a hench vidya-rig instead of a coal powered apple-mac

I think this post is a bit redundant as I have most likely said the same thing in a different way in another thread but fuck it.

Remember shoot or die!