Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homeworld Remastered

Posted by Deathbane 
Homeworld Remastered
March 02, 2015 03:13PM
Homeworld 1 and 2 are arguably the best ever space rts games ever made. gearbox has remastered them and re-released them on Steam, and i can say without a doubt wow, i spent hours grinning like a small child on sunday afternoon playing it.

The Remastered gives access not only to both Remastered games, but also comes bundled with the classics that have steam multiplayer enabled for mods. So you can freespace it, gundam it, whatever you want, whether those mods get ported or not using the steam service. The classic games have also been touched up with patches etc to support HD screen resolutions, and to not crash on new machines.

Ill let videos speak for the game, rather than go into massive detail. This would be awesome to play in MP, as a casual thing, and im sure you neckbeards would appreciate it. Its not heavily expensive at moment, for a new release, but wait for a sale if its too much.

gearbox are working on new mod tools. When they release expect to see some amazing things.

Remastered

Trailer

[www.youtube.com]

PAX Footage

[www.youtube.com]

TB Preview

[www.youtube.com]

Non Remastered / Classic Homeworld:

massive fleet engagement

[www.youtube.com]

star wars mod

[www.youtube.com]

freespace mod

[www.moddb.com]

gundam

[www.youtube.com]

BSG

[www.youtube.com]

star trek

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 03:14PM by Deathbane.
Re: Homeworld Remastered
March 02, 2015 03:41PM
Saw this already, looks delicious.

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
March 02, 2015 03:43PM
It is, absolutely amazeballs even. Easily the best remaster ive ever seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 03:49PM by Deathbane.
March 02, 2015 07:06PM
Has been on my wish list for a long time

Will definite get, just a matter of when

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"
March 03, 2015 08:26AM
When I get paid on the 12th. This baby and I are gonna have ourself an accident all over my pants.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
March 03, 2015 02:48PM
Freespace, Star Trek, BSG, Gundam

[www.myinstants.com]

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
March 07, 2015 03:11AM
Also the Starwars mod witch i cant remember, i think it was called Warlords or something, but it had super star destroyers in it that took up up[ to half of the sensor map so they where pretty fucking huge.

The thing about that mod though is that in order to have the bigger ships you had to play on the custom maps that the mod added in but the AI would incrediderp and not really do anything other than spam frigates and not do anything.

As for this being the best evor mmmmm unload all over my face best witch it is, there0 is also Nexus witch was fucking amazeballs let it go in my ass.

but I really do want this game, but my next payment is reserved for Pillars of Eternity.

Remember shoot or die!
March 07, 2015 04:29AM
Trunham

As for this being the best evor mmmmm unload all over my face best witch it is, there0 is also Nexus witch was fucking amazeballs let it go in my ass.

Wat

March 07, 2015 05:44AM
Homeworld 1 and 2 are fantastic games as was Nexus or its full name Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Which was tactical rather than build fleet destroy fleet rinse and repeat.

Remember shoot or die!
March 07, 2015 04:21PM
Trunham
Homeworld 1 and 2 are fantastic games as was Nexus or its full name Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Which was tactical rather than build fleet destroy fleet rinse and repeat.

Ah, yeah nexus was a great game

June 12, 2015 02:06PM
*uses scroll of summoning Tom*

Get yourself the freespace 2 mod. We are playing this tonight.

[www.moddb.com]

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
June 12, 2015 06:45PM
Incidently

This is on sale NOW for $13

June 13, 2015 01:47AM
Yes thanks to Zwei I now have this and will go about getting all the odds and sods and be up and running to play soon.

And once again thanks man I really appreciated it.

Remember shoot or die!
June 13, 2015 02:34AM
Also lol

[steamcommunity.com]

Remember shoot or die!
June 24, 2015 12:02PM
I bought it in the sale, currently re-living my childhood by playing through the single player campaign. Got pissed off with the Cathedral of Kadesh though, when I killed the first spike mothership inhibitor thing too quickly so the script stopped and did not continue, took me a while to realise that I had no objectives and the game had wigged out.

On the plus side, because I had to restart it I managed to capture nearly every multi-beam frigate that was thrown at me (14 in total)

Unlimited powwweeeerrr

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
June 24, 2015 04:43PM
I see that strategy is still working

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
June 24, 2015 07:12PM
Don't forget to steal every mother fucker ion cannon frigate surrounding the giant hyperspace inhibitor. in said mission..

There is about 80 of them or some sillyness like that.. YOU WILL NEED THEM!

Remember shoot or die!
July 05, 2015 11:46PM
Buut.. didn't Homeworld give the AI numbers based on what you spawned in with on the mission? Seem to remember something like that.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
July 06, 2015 10:15AM
Maybe on the second one?

On the first one it didnt for sure.
July 07, 2015 10:40AM
No.. Homeworld 1 had set amount of enemy ships.

It was 2 that gave the enemy more ships than you ever would have witch was bullshit..

I got stuck on one mission big time due to just ridiculous bull shit being you are only allowed 2 battleships but they can have as many as they damn well please.. plus they have a shit ton of missiles that have greater range than your ships as well as a main front mounted cannon that just makes you ships health not exist.

You ships are powerful yeah but some of them are ship compared to what they have. Their destroyers are a pain but have mainly missiles as their offence where yours have missiles too but mainly a load of heavy cannons

So said that I was stuck I though fuck it lets cheat and add in a load of destroyers and battle ships.. of course that's when the game pulls bull shit and goes "What's that you have 6 battleships? well then I better give my self 50 bomber squadrons, 30 assault frigates, 50 missile frigates as well as 5 destroyers to you one battleship"

Needless to say my PC was shitting its self and it was just fucking stupid... In the end I just went fuck it and gave my self a million RU and weathered out the storm and let them drain their resources then mopped up what was left.

I'm still stuck on the final mission though have to use you big momma doom ship to blow up planet killer missile launchers but then you have to do 4 things at once and stop missiles from bombarding the planet at 3 different points on the map at the same time as well as trying to kill 4 fleets...

its just LOLOLOLOL I always get down to about one launcher left but the missiles always get through and they some how rebuild at least one of their fleets in moments and more or less kill what I use to keep the missiles at bay plus the big ship things moves SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW!

Remember shoot or die!