Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wargame

Posted by Yalk 
Wargame
January 26, 2016 03:01PM
I want to start playing each other

Im firmly NATO....

Zwei and bane have a hardon for Russian tech, for some reason...Erk has played NATO with me, but I don't know if he actually prefers NATO or is just happy people are playing, and my bro and friend play NATO

Icevamp I assume prefers NATO....?

But I think we have enough to actually play against each other, maybe even some 3v3...or everyone against bane and Zwei which would be fun

I guess post here if anyone is interested in trying to get this going

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 03:03PM by Yalk.
Re: Wargame
January 26, 2016 07:25PM
My endless hordes of MiG-21 and Conscripts await!

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
January 27, 2016 05:45PM
Yalk
I want to start playing each other

Im firmly NATO....

Zwei and bane have a hardon for Russian tech, for some reason...Erk has played NATO with me, but I don't know if he actually prefers NATO or is just happy people are playing, and my bro and friend play NATO

Icevamp I assume prefers NATO....?

But I think we have enough to actually play against each other, maybe even some 3v3...or everyone against bane and Zwei which would be fun

I guess post here if anyone is interested in trying to get this going

I play whichever side depending on how I feel like playing at the time... redfor for offensive, force concentration and large-scale maneuver - oriented play; blufor for more defensive, low-level tactical engagements and finesse in the use of force multipliers.
February 01, 2016 05:21PM
We had a good game Saturday

Zwei
Erk
Myself
Skargard (friend of mine)

Erk and Zwei won as glorious communist, My team lost because we are American pig dogs

Take aways :
Don't spend 600pts on a helicopter rush, while hilarious, is wasteful...although I am proud of holding Zwei off the entire match with nothing but Freedom bombs and 2 little mortar LAVs

Erk, make me a Redfor deck (please) and post on here, something useful...I want to learn dirty Russian tech, me and Skargard are going to start playing each other to get better...I don't need anything flashy, I just want something I can practice with...I think you can just post the alphanumeric code on here and I can copy it from that...I just don't know enough about their stuff to really know where to start

February 02, 2016 06:45PM
s/gOp1eZMG8znd5lPYTphBfRzsK7TKwh2JqLDGBWAyBJKgqOTFJM0mqUBBYnSSSJmk7adk2hIrErGV45McCN+aPNEA==
Soviet-Korean mixed, no quirks.

sogRKbf2VfVrpU7HTDUqwailKIgiSPCUu/pacTOUPL8mo0GqoBESkTVZpIUkaeRo07KViqxJGJjk2YJQEstnm2scmN/HAMLGjw==
"C0_iter.1", Eastern Block motorized. For hit-and-run tactics with your actual heavy hitters while spending infantry to keep the enemy at an arm's length.

jPgOp1eZT2E7nd5ohopphBhiHOgjnYUh2JqLDmBUCSVBM2ixSbNQUmaCxCSnSTdN0XH4lYyq5aTtosEzRo8wtHHjfuW0CYA=
Soviet mixed, tailored for my own purposes. Requires some finesse.

jJhTENFZylPYYqewnTCFYmDKxToK6OdhUCTlIHXKQWOUQrE1FhjAqVBAmmbQHoDYmUTOJtE/iioSS66bpBkmacfiQxKxlVPZHJMyxJg=
"C3_iter.4", Soviet armored. A blunt instrument.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2016 06:46PM by eRkkituo.
February 02, 2016 11:14PM
Perfect, thank you sir

Me and Skargard are going to start playing each other and maybe trying to find some online games, so these will help with practice

Edit:
Word for word repeated myself...

I do think me and him playing each other will help as our skill levels are similar....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2016 11:17PM by Yalk.
February 05, 2016 02:13PM
Yes, I'm pretty hit and get my shit pushed in by medium AI tongue sticking out smiley

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 06, 2016 01:11AM
well, I played around with those decks....they are odd, I beat Skargard with the Russian armored deck, but he was expecting a heli inf land grab that never happened lol

I lost to him playing my American deck, tbf I curb stomped him but we were playing destruction, it didn't take too many of my special snowflake units getting killed for him to get ahead, lesson learned

I also learned , more recon....when in doubt, more recon...I've started placing my recon first for all the places I intend to watch, then with what's left over I compose a starting force...this weakens my starting push, but, it means I can concentrate my forces since I at least have eyes on the front, then with sector points I can create a flank or defend etc...

Yes Erk, I realize you've told me all this before, I had to learn it myself

February 06, 2016 01:51AM
Still getting stuck on this myself. This and how to stop the infinite Abrams steamroll that is the AI. Need to finish reading that guide.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 06, 2016 08:33AM
There is usually no single best method to deal with the horde of tanks.
-When using tanks to counter tanks, seek to engage them from the side, perpendicular to their axis of attack. The AI tends to fast-move its tanks along the roads during these rushes.
-If helos are available, engage the tank blob with rockets first (usually your Mi-8s) to stun and panic them. Then follow up with your ATGM-carrying helos like the Mi-24, and again, try to engage from the side.
-Jets with large (>500kg) bombs or cluster bombs can be used to seriously weaken or destroy the tanks, just make sure you turn the tanks into stationary targets with rocket salvos from your helicopters first to achieve reasonable accuracy.
-Infantry is an expendable resource, but you should try and make the most of it. Place them into buildings further inside cities so less tanks can shoot at them at once. Or hide them in forests so that they can shoot at a passing tank in the side or rear, while remaining covered by woods from the rest of the column until the enemy pushes past them.
-Crossfire works wonders. If a unit stops to engage something, it turns its strong frontal armor towards its main target. Have your low-end tanks closer to the enemy, on the sides while putting high-end tanks further down the road. Either the enemy stops to engage your low-end tanks (which are an expendable resource) while your high-end ones rain murder on their sides, or they push on and get shot in the rear at close range by your low-end tanks.

-Final note about armor and tank guns: all weapons with the KE trait have AP scaling, meaning they do more damage at close range. Leverage this to weaken or kill expensive tanks with cheap tanks (which at their nominal maximum range wouldn't even be able to scratch the expensive ones, signified by the red INEFFICIENT text over the target), then finish them off with the expensive ones. This saves you from losing your expensive ones to a death by thousand cuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2016 08:36AM by eRkkituo.
February 07, 2016 06:41PM
This is why I prefer Americans Light infantry 90' and 75'

They are good all rounders, able to dish out "some" pain to armor and APCs and their heli transports mini guns help with spetz that manage to close, if you include some ATGM heli's and maybe the cobra with AA you have a great forward defensive force that can be strengthened by AA avengers and Rifle 90' in Bradley's...

This is all relatively expendable, allowing you to setup flanks with tanks and ATGM vehicles....

Also, if your having trouble with tanks ATGM heli's are great defenders, position them behind your lines of AA, you can keep them back and either flank or head up attack, any break through should have its AA stripped from it by the time your heli's engage...

Obviously what Erk said is ideal, but I've found diverting the resources to do that and micro your front and flanks can be difficult, especially with constant pressure, if your infantry aren't holding their own

I typically place my infantry fore most, let them try and hold and setup behind them, I'm then either ready for flank push of my own or ready for the side shots when my infantry crumbles...infantry in buildings is your linch pin, especially good anti tank inf, those cant just be ignored like special forces inf can be

February 07, 2016 07:10PM
Yes, both of these are idealised actually. What usually happens in my case is I send out two pushes and one of htem gets obliterated by (and usually in the process obliterates or severely cripples) enemy counter push. This leads me on the defence as the AI seems to be able to field more forces than I am and I cent get a critical mass of units up due to attrition. The units I try to sneak pass are usually immediately met by AI scout helicopters (because it's a cheating fuck) and shortly thereafter by retarded amounts of artillery, helicpters and bombers.

I usually lose inflicting between 30 % and 100 % more losses on the AI while holding onto a quarter of the map.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
June 23, 2016 08:48PM
Jews! ...and Erk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2016 08:50PM by Yalk.
June 24, 2016 01:59PM
I want YUGOSLAVIA!

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
June 24, 2016 07:02PM
Then your in luck? As that's the other nation being released along side eRkLand

June 27, 2016 08:23PM
Good to have more redfor in the game.

Also, the devs hinted at S-300 being a possible proto for finland... would make things rather interesting.
June 29, 2016 05:14PM
Fuck that

[www.youtube.com]

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]