TC Snowblind update
October 13, 2012 11:34AM
Greetings CJW!

I've updated Snowblind to v0.6, and since the MWLL homepage is down, I thought I just let you know on this forum.

Details in the link:
http://mwllmaps.com/?map=tc-snowblind

You may want to update your server, if you'll find this new version worthy.

Thanks!
Re: TC Snowblind update
October 13, 2012 12:37PM
Updated.

Air bases? Boy, I can already hear the rage moody smiley

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
October 13, 2012 01:11PM
Air bases?

Btw. Ivaan, have you included the ticket loss multiplier for bases into the minimap image as well? Also, the new fluffy snow textures, are these with Parallax Occlusion Mapping? (And thus only visible that way with r_UsePom = 1.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 01:15PM by Spooky.
October 13, 2012 02:47PM
Well, I cannot really judge at this point that you guys are just joking, or you really don't like aeros in this map...smiling smileyeye rolling smiley Time will tell anyway, if they brake the gameplay, I'll just remove the airfield, and it's done.
However, I did not expect that adding aeros would cause rage, mainly because if they are overused in TC mode by one of the teams, it will most likely loose.The main reason I added airbases is the puretech mode. I felt, that the IS have a disadvantage, since their units are usually slower, than clan assets. So I wanted to give the teams more options to react faster.
And aeros are available on most TC maps, and they make the matches more interesting... I think. So I just thought: why not try them on Snowblind?
Maybe it was a bad idea, who knows. We shall see.

Spooky,
Yes, the weights of the bases are displayed on the minimap, as well as the capabilities of the bases. It is the same picture, what I attached on the mwllmaps site.
The snow effect you mentioned are likely using the pom feature. The texture itself is visible on lower settings, but it will only get this 3d feeling on very high settings. With that console command probably it can be activated, regardless of the graphic settings, but I've never tried it.
October 13, 2012 05:01PM
Ivaan
Well, I cannot really judge at this point that you guys are just joking, or you really don't like aeros in this map...smiling smileyeye rolling smiley Time will tell anyway, if they brake the gameplay, I'll just remove the airfield, and it's done.
However, I did not expect that adding aeros would cause rage, mainly because if they are overused in TC mode by one of the teams, it will most likely loose.The main reason I added airbases is the puretech mode. I felt, that the IS have a disadvantage, since their units are usually slower, than clan assets. So I wanted to give the teams more options to react faster.
And aeros are available on most TC maps, and they make the matches more interesting... I think. So I just thought: why not try them on Snowblind?
Maybe it was a bad idea, who knows. We shall see.

No it's just because being shot and balloned by anything in the air is generally rage inducing for some people, regardless of the map and mode winking smiley

Ivaan
With that console command probably it can be activated, regardless of the graphic settings, but I've never tried it.

Yeah, it should work. Also you need to set q_Renderer to 3 or higher I think.
October 13, 2012 09:45PM
Spooky

No it's just because being shot and balloned by anything in the air is generally rage inducing for some people, regardless of the map and mode winking smiley

Yes, that's probably true.

Thanks for the info about the console command.