Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Server jobs / map rotation

Posted by haarp 
Server jobs / map rotation
April 10, 2012 09:12AM
Funbocks is mostly running unsupervised. I check the console occasionally, but can't be there all the time. So far I haven't heard any complaints, but I'd still like to appoint admins.
Basically, you'd watch the server for abuse and other dickishness and punch players in the face if they're being assholes. One very important aspect that this job entails is that you do not, under any circumstances, kick or ban for personal reasons. I take this very serious. Do not punish players who happened to kill you or play in a way that you don't like. I watch the watchmen.

If you do ban someone, I'd like to know about it. We have no rules for the server. "Don't be a dick" is all there is to it.

Radfahrer seems to be the most active player right now. How about it?

Now for the map rotation. We are currently running stock maps with some exceptions, along with CanyonPro, SavannahPro, Warzone and Seaport in a random rotation. I'd like there to be more custom maps, but can't be arsed to actually play the game to know which ones are worthy.

So. I'd like to appoint someone responsible for the map rotation, to ensure that it stays fresh and interesting. All this job would entail is editing the levelrotation.xml and telling me which maps to upload, if they aren't already.

Who's up for that? Bane?

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2012 08:24PM by haarp.
Re: Server jobs / map rotation
April 16, 2012 10:22AM
Hi,

I'll happily apply. Been playing way too much a lot lately and also dived a bit into server setup and administration.
Matter of factly I was going to ask anyway, if I could use the server for a little event I got planned for mid-May.

Also got a pretty good idea for which community maps are popular right now, as well as the ones, where people go "meh!".

Cheers,

Dhal
April 16, 2012 06:57PM
Will gladly help out haarp my bro.

Can i get a full detail of our server maps currently being run?

Theres definetly a fine pruning id like to do to the map selection and go over whats best for the server when you re available.
April 16, 2012 07:49PM
I'm cool with Dhal helping out with the map rotation.

Given that FB seems to be pretty popular I was thinking we could potentially let it be used as a community map test bed, maybe stick new ones in on a two week rotation to let the player base get a feel for them.

As for adminning, if a few of us get access to Rcon and are just availible it should sort itself out.

January 08, 2014 03:26PM
server =CJW=Funbocks Alpha|official maps:

I ask, to exchange maps TC_Altay to another. Still this map have some problems , unbalance .

And in any case, you must update the list of maps (levelrotation) on the server. For a long time did not update the maps.

And maybe add a few good maps there from community, then rotate on new and etc.
January 08, 2014 05:42PM
The point of that server is to run official maps. There is another for mixed maps.
Which is what the people wanted.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
January 08, 2014 10:57PM
I should probably merge them again. Nobody bloody plays on Beta.

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
January 09, 2014 04:19AM
haarp

Cue complaints about how a second server is needed.
January 11, 2014 04:56AM
eRkkituo
haarp

Cue complaints about how a second server is needed.

God we are jaded

Well, ok

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"