Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CBT RP Discussion: Rebirth

Posted by Deathbane 
Re: CBT RP: Rebirth -Third White Fangs
January 01, 2013 10:17PM
Dibs on StormCrow Prime

And by "StormCrow prime" I mean "whatever derp shitty back water piece of shit second line scrap heap non urban mech mech bane rolls cause he's a chipka"

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"
January 02, 2013 08:50AM
I'm expecting a Dire Wolf!
Good news on my char, tough I do prefer my handle in one word. It just looks wrong otherwise after 16 years of use.

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
January 02, 2013 07:52PM
I know right?

Why I had to get mine bolded....looked odd

January 02, 2013 10:24PM
Fire-Moth yo, Zoom Zoom Zoom! small laser hits CT..... Explode!

Remember shoot or die!
January 03, 2013 05:01AM
More like:

"ZOOOOM ZOOOOOOM ZOOOM ZOOM ZOOM "

"BLAM"

*failed MASC roll*

*both hips blown out*

Atlas 1 hex away removes said fire moth from existence using single gauss round to center torso

...of course the star of elementals the Firemoth should have been carrying should be swarming the Atlas by now and eating it alive

(This all happened to me)

January 03, 2013 03:33PM
Firemoth is best mech haha.

BUt yes, preliminary start for the campaign will be the 19th. Thats going to be the first test game/ rp session, not sure of the time yet. Probably 9PM GMT start.

I should have all player characters done by then - if you havnt submitted a char idea to me, please ensure you do so by the 12th Jan at latest.

Cheers
January 03, 2013 06:18PM
Everytime I see this thread with

"RP Discussions - Rebirth"

My brain misreads it for a second as

"Repercussion of Freebirth"

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
January 06, 2013 01:01AM
No Gouty you are the Freebirth.

Remember shoot or die!
January 06, 2013 06:53AM
I always read RiP discussions

January 11, 2013 12:28AM
Yes because I am a chipka faggot, I am putting this back until the 26th of January for preliminary start.

This is due to me being unable to get back until late on the saturday night on the 19th - a party for my friend whos going back to Japan has been arranged by the dojo and id really like to see her off.

As such though, ill probably get back in time to test megamek so anyone who wants to have a warm up megamek came/mul file test with me would be ballers.
January 11, 2013 12:33AM
yeah just let me know when you want to do it.

of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire. grinning smiley
January 11, 2013 02:32AM
I'll be at my parents, but I could probably swing some megamek...

I was going to call you all manner of the normal things I call you, but this works out for me too... And as a true American if it works for me....um....it feels good to be white

January 11, 2013 04:25AM
Well, damn. I work that weekend, nights to boot.

However I'm free for megamektest.

January 12, 2013 07:55PM
Icevamp, your character is posted in the main thread.

Also can always make it the friday, depends what people want. Its just i NEED to be back in time to get the campaign ready. Its just i dont want to exclude our american bros from playing by setting it on workdays.

I will be revealing the preliminary mech list now ... you wont know what you are piloting till we get underway.

Star One

Thunderbolt (C)
Stalking Spider
Clint IIC
Cobra
UrbanMech IIC

Star Two

Locust IIC
Incubus/Vixen
Icestorm
Icestorm
Jenner IIC

One OTHER important thing to note. Unless a character dies, no new characters will be being rolled. If you explicitly drop out, whoever replaces you will be taking over your character. This is simply to keep the gameflow going and for the story to make some semblance of sense. For this reason, if you drop out, its advised you find somone interested to hand your char off to so you can be happy with the direction they take.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 03:08PM by Deathbane.
January 13, 2013 12:31AM
The pictures make it really hard to read

Jenner IIC , it calls to me

Friday 7pm EST
Saturday 1pm-5pm -OR- 4pm-12pm (with food break)
Sunday (4pm - 9pm)

Those are the best times for me, unless you guys want to play in the early morning I can't during the week , I don't get home till 6:30pm EST then dinner so.....

January 13, 2013 10:41PM
Cool looking forward to it, I have a feeling its going to be fun.

By the way do you know what Star we will be in?

Remember shoot or die!
January 14, 2013 01:03AM
Seems like we'll be split in two stars. Ensalus is going to be in Star One. *points at hurbie IIC*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2013 01:03AM by IceVamp.
January 14, 2013 04:30AM
So, hadn't noticed....how did a Surat spheroid excuse for a mech make it into a list of rides we might get?

Even the Urbs IIc is a clan mech

*skeptical face*

January 14, 2013 04:36AM
[camospecs.com]

Our rides....was gonna link to each but I'm lazy

January 14, 2013 07:03AM
I've had a gander. Eyeing the Clint IIC

January 15, 2013 01:10AM
I'm eyeing the stalking spider. grinning smiley

of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire. grinning smiley
January 16, 2013 03:12PM
The freebirth mech made it in because you are the lowest of the low and getting mostly second hand equipment that the clan doesnt know really what else to do with.

You were going to actually get more is mechs in worse condition than on that list, but i decided to reroll some of them and they changed and i liked the results. Originally you had a standard thunderbolt, a nodachi, and two repurposed stingers in the lineup.

The Cobra is the only non clan tech mech you have, with both the clint and the thunderbolt being the upgraded versions.

Im doing Namarah then Zones characters next

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 03:14PM by Deathbane.
January 16, 2013 11:57PM
The Nodatchi which was mine obvs niggaz.

January 17, 2013 03:34PM
Thanks for the Warhammer, Bane. I'll enjoy using it.

I do like the look of the Incubus, it fits with how I want my slanty eyed bastard to be.

(shamfru nigs(suck my big veiny one semendribbler[read:tiny asian penis, augmented with critical whiskey dick failure]))
January 18, 2013 04:58AM
Fair enough

AND we're the lowest of the low of technically clan rebels...so we wouldn't even get normal second line mechs (corvis, hellhound, hbk IIc etc)

January 19, 2013 10:51PM
I have uploaded the megamek version we will be playing with.

[www.sendspace.com]

This contains all additional maps, camos and games settings. If you dont want to dl this, simply get the latest development build and install jakes camo and board pack.
January 20, 2013 07:29PM
Ice, trunham or ens

Is this what we've been playing with?

January 21, 2013 02:28AM
No What we have played is 35.24

This one linked for DL and the one we will be using for RP is 35.33

Remember shoot or die!
January 23, 2013 05:03PM
I will updating the threads today with alot of new info. We are still on track for this Saturday, 9PM GMT beings the first session.

This session will be mostly finishing off any left over character creation and beginning the scene setting for the campaign. If everything goes smoothly, its possible we will finish the first small segment this week.

You can find a copy of AToW in the thead, i recommend giving it a read. Namrahs and Zones characters will be uploaded today, and everyone elses character is recieving an update.

Succubusy, HAARP, and Xarg will need to contact me with a character bio or for a chat to create a bio as soon as possible. Otherwise the group will be delayed on Saturday. I have one person waiting, so if you do not wish to participate, please let me know ASAP.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2013 05:23PM by Deathbane.
January 23, 2013 06:41PM
This Saturday is a no-go for me. Shitton of exams ahead next week drinking smiley

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
January 23, 2013 08:06PM
Fair one dude. Can you at least write a basic outline of a bio for me and specify what your looking for? Im quite happy to make you a character but i need to have some basic info, eveni f you think its terribad.
January 23, 2013 11:14PM
Damn.. I'm late for the party. I'm still listing here because I'm interested.

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
January 26, 2013 02:08AM
Shinzi will stab all mechs.

(shamfru nigs(suck my big veiny one semendribbler[read:tiny asian penis, augmented with critical whiskey dick failure]))
January 26, 2013 01:25PM
No exceptions.

HYope to see you guys tonight. Dont think itll go on too long tonight, just getting any character stuff sorted and some preliminary rp/ scene setting.
January 26, 2013 01:50PM
I'll be on a bit before 4 pm EST, that should be the correct time

Need to get megamek sorted but shouldn't be a problem

So, will our character sheets just be in google docs? Like the one we need to update etc?

January 26, 2013 01:55PM
We could do it via google docs, would be a good idea. We can set that up tonight.

That is easiest - pointless doing a paper version or local digital copy when we are running it online, makes it balls hard for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2013 01:55PM by Deathbane.
January 27, 2013 02:06AM
Oh god

This was the best thing ever

Can't wait for the next one, when do we get mechs? I'm tired of punching people

January 27, 2013 02:14AM
This has been a very good conversation.

January 27, 2013 05:15AM
Glorious bastards to each other fun!

I can just imagine a spar session between My character and one of the Trueborn, I luck out and win the fight while being half or fully piss drunk by drop-kicking my opponent and they hit the floor.

Standing up Jacob then shouts "You was speaking all that good shit a second ago then YOU GOT KICKED IN THE CHEST!"

Remember shoot or die!
January 27, 2013 10:44AM
Yesterday was the best. So much derping, so much hatred between us. I can't wait till we have the next one.

DUM DUM DUM DUDUM

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
January 27, 2013 11:58AM
Aww, now I'm really super sand that I missed it.

January 27, 2013 02:50PM
As a point commander you havnt met yet might say Yalk.

"When you've earned it, trashborn".

But in all honesty, you should be getting your hands on mech combat within the next two sessions. I would say next, but anything can happen and the characters can be delayed.

Its safe to say the clan will want to train you up before sending you out to your early deaths.

Updated log, changed next session date. Oh btw one last thing, its meant to 3067 not 3066 - its meant to be set as month or two before the disbandingof the second star league.

Sorry for being a chipka and getting that wrong. Logs updated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 02:54PM by Deathbane.
January 27, 2013 03:28PM
so... are we gonna have a session in 1 or 2 weeks now. As I've heard a lot of people will be available next week.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
January 27, 2013 03:33PM
Trunham
Glorious bastards to each other fun!

I can just imagine a spar session between My character and one of the Trueborn, I luck out and win the fight while being half or fully piss drunk by drop-kicking my opponent and they hit the floor.

Standing up Jacob then shouts "You was speaking all that good shit a second ago then YOU GOT KICKED IN THE CHEST!"

Lol, I'm assuming you mean Dierson

Like I said, I'm literally just acting like every true born warrior that's been in every story ever....nothing matters but the Clan, success in battle and my genetic legacy

That means if he thinks your going to waste Clan resources you should just be pushed out an air lock, that means your all worthless garbage until you prove yourselves...nothing matters but success, case in point: Shinzi fought him AND is a Bondmen (if your a IS bondsman you have to be ultra awesome, Clans only take them as a show of respect to the fallen warrior, and it's wasteful to kill useful material) therefore he's now seen as a asset so now he slightly approves of his existence

(If we're still marching in the snow you should struggle out of my grasp, or kick me in the chest, hint)

Also, since he's been stuck desk side unable to achieve glory etc etc
so if your going to get in his way of a "warriors death" then .....that pisses him off, slightly....this may be his last chance at that, he won't be put behind a desk again

Full neck beard time

I'm roughly using in my head a -10/10 scale for all my relations, 0 is neutral , -10 is blind hate, 10 will die for, roughly everyone is comfortable sitting at -5 right now which I guess would be disdain, except Shinzi who is a 1 (proved worth) , Dorn who's a -6 (being drunk) ....Stephan would be a -6 (for being creepy) but he's got a +1 modifier for being true born ....

I guess I could add a relations section to my bio *looks at bane* <oh god, I'm typing like I did last night *smashes head into desk* NOOOOOOO im still doing it

Deathbane
As a point commander you havnt met yet might say Yalk.

"When you've earned it, trashborn".

But in all honesty, you should be getting your hands on mech combat within the next two sessions. I would say next, but anything can happen and the characters can be delayed.

Its safe to say the clan will want to train you up before sending you out to your early deaths.

Updated log, changed next session date. Oh btw one last thing, its meant to 3067 not 3066 - its meant to be set as month or two before the disbandingof the second star league.

Sorry for being a chipka and getting that wrong. Logs updated.

Bane, I hope the instructor is the reincarnation of the MadDog instructor from MW2.....I'll try to keep the circle of equals challenges to a minimum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 03:34PM by Yalk.
January 27, 2013 03:44PM
Zweistein000
so... are we gonna have a session in 1 or 2 weeks now. As I've heard a lot of people will be available next week.

I think I'm free, we just can't have it every sat....wife got kinda pissed when I was scheduling games for 4 hrs every weekend during planetary

Even if its not THAT much time, when I say I gotta get online every weekend.....she gets pissed

But this sat might work, or Sunday at a earlier time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 03:44PM by Yalk.
January 27, 2013 06:22PM
For now Im keeping the intervals between sessions at a two week period. Like Yalk, I dont want to burn out the enthusiasm.

HOWEVER, If people are available and want to do a session this saturday, add your name to a document im putting up in the google docs group.

If i get an overwhelming majority, ill consider running a session this coming Saturday as everyone enjoyed it. It would be at the same time, any new characters that join will be met at the Star Port, so might have to wait for the current dilemma to be resolved.

(And hope everyone doesnt freeze to death)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 06:29PM by Deathbane.
January 27, 2013 06:37PM
Deathbane
(And hope everyone doesnt freeze to death)

Or collapse due to oxygen deprivation grinning smiley

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
January 27, 2013 06:43PM
Well before the session ended I was trying to talk to the captain to ask if there was anything we could do to strip the shuttle and salvage anything say like spare Air (or tanks to hold it) anything useful etc etc, but nothing came from it and every one was lets move on, so we did and its too late now.

And Im not que queing or complaining I did after all nip off to the toilet at that point so I was unavailable.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 07:06PM by Trunham.
January 27, 2013 07:02PM
If it makes you feel better, the crew arnt really equipped to strip the shuttle dude in a moments fashion in those conditions like that.

All survival gear has been provided, and you arnt too far from civilisation so i wouldnt brick your selves just yet.

ALso heres the kind of ship you were transporting in. It was a larger version of the st-46, but abttletech doesnt detail intermediate transports too great so i used creative license for an intersystem aerodyne.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 08:01PM by Deathbane.
January 27, 2013 10:31PM
Bane, we can share our calendars on Google cause its awesome....we can each share ours with you and then you can easily see who's available when, and we'd have it on our calendars every 2 weeks so people don't forget

Or you could be archaic and make a google document with a month or 2 worth of weekends and we put our names down for the ones we're available for

Yeah, I'd love to continue tonight even....but I had so much fun I don't want people to burn out or my wife get pissed etc....I'd rather we all be playing this a year from now then everyone give up on it in 3 months