Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CBT RP Discussion: Rebirth

Posted by Deathbane 
Re: CBT RP: Rebirth -Third White Fangs
January 27, 2013 11:27PM
Well slap your name down here for now, and ill try sorting the calender stuff.

I havnt used google drive to do anything other than share docs before.

And thats my opinion as well yalk. However since everyone enjoyed it and wants another session earlier, thought we could do a one off special if people want it and vote for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 11:28PM by Deathbane.
January 27, 2013 11:37PM
Shared calendars is great. I have it synched on my phone, and I have my mate's calendar in there as well. We basically don't need to talk to each other. :p

-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
January 28, 2013 01:16AM
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to box myself into bi monthly and only diverging on special occasions I find myself free.

(shamfru nigs(suck my big veiny one semendribbler[read:tiny asian penis, augmented with critical whiskey dick failure]))
January 28, 2013 01:56AM
I cry.

Remember shoot or die!
January 28, 2013 01:56AM
EVOR TIM!

Remember shoot or die!
January 29, 2013 08:59PM
But yeah fair do I see the angle, don't want everyone to lose interest by playing too much

personally I could play each week and would be happy too but if its every two weeks that's fine as well, one question though is would it be possible to do it each week but with a rotation of characters or some such?

Or rather who ever can play on that weekend cool beans, but those who cant no worries there next time, however one problem with playing it that way would be that people would miss out on what can happen in each session and it would get a little chaotic remembering who had or had not played if you get what I mean.

Remember shoot or die!
January 31, 2013 12:26AM
id rather see how it goes but thats a possibility tom... ill be reviewing google
docs and deciding if we play saturday tomorrow.
January 31, 2013 04:55AM
Trunham
But yeah fair do I see the angle, don't want everyone to lose interest by playing too much

personally I could play each week and would be happy too but if its every two weeks that's fine as well, one question though is would it be possible to do it each week but with a rotation of characters or some such?

Or rather who ever can play on that weekend cool beans, but those who cant no worries there next time, however one problem with playing it that way would be that people would miss out on what can happen in each session and it would get a little chaotic remembering who had or had not played if you get what I mean.

I am absolutely fucking against this...I want to play and I want everyone who is in it to play when we all do, or at least the majority...nothing will make me say fuck it quicker than missing a fuck load of the story because people want to play all the fucking time

Sorry, no rotation and no drop in and out... And by no I mean fuck no

I don't mind missing 1 here or there and every 2 weeks insures someone's not gonna miss too much but every week means if your busy 3 weekends in a row you missed 3 sessions instead of 1 (2 at most)

Maybe later like bane said we can do side missions/stories but the main campaign needs to include as many as can possibly make it....every weekend will almost insure we will always be missing someone...

Edit: Btw, Tom....not attacking you, it's just a terribad idea

"SORRY, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my tits! what were you saying?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 04:57AM by Yalk.
January 31, 2013 10:19AM
I agree with the nigroaster.

January 31, 2013 10:04PM
I know man its cool, I'm not fussed when we play as long as most of us can, when we can.

I get what you mean with missing sessions missing the odd one or two isnt so bad as next session, Bane (or any player really) can give you a quick re cap as well as reading the log of each session to see what was missed.

But missing as you say, 3 sessions in a row on frequent occasions will be crazy and things will get mega confusing, it will be a bit like "Why is that man blue?" "Some ones missing their leg?" "Since when was my mech missing half its weaponry?
or "Don't worry I will use my Gnome Battle-Armour, wait what? what do you mean it was stolen and then blown up in a pirate raid, when did this happen! "

You get the idea.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 10:13PM by Trunham.
February 01, 2013 04:41AM
Exactly

February 01, 2013 06:26AM
Theres enough bros who want to play saturday to make it worth it, so we are go.

Updating the thread. This does not mean we are changing the period between games. This a special
event, hope you guys can make it.
February 01, 2013 12:57PM
Just assume I'm living inside Deirsons colon for the session.

I'll be up in Sheffield getting shit faced and buying plastic crack.

(shamfru nigs(suck my big veiny one semendribbler[read:tiny asian penis, augmented with critical whiskey dick failure]))
February 01, 2013 02:51PM
Any way we can push the session up or back a few hours? I've got too help my wife move furniture at her work from 4-6ish (the exact time we're playing sad smiley)

Like 7-9GMT? (2-4EST)

Otherwise I'll have to cancel....

Or what about Sunday?

I know.....I know....

February 01, 2013 02:58PM
Didn't we start 9PM GMT last week?

I think we did since it was around 10 PM my time. Anyway even in the earliest possible tile we will start at 7PM GMT so you needn't worry.

Human + CJW = Spit drooling retard

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 01, 2013 03:17PM
Hmm

I have to help my wife from 9-12GMT, so I'm asking if we can start at 7GMT instead (or earlier 6GMT)...or later at 12GMT but I know that's late for you bros

Not sure it made sense re-reading what I wrote....hopefully I'm converting time correctly...

February 01, 2013 09:55PM
oh.. sry reading comprehension fail.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 01, 2013 10:20PM
I don't have anything but playing planned, so I don't care that much when we start. If it's ok for the other broskies, it's fine by me.
Only sceptical about starting earlier, and then only have a certain amount of time to play in.

February 01, 2013 10:35PM
Set for seven then. Someone let ens know it as it affects him most.

Ill keep good care of shinsi

Just to say after this session we ll set the calender shit out to organise this harder.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 10:44PM by Deathbane.
February 01, 2013 11:12PM
Awesome I cant wait, well I can but I'm looking forward to getting helplessly lost in the space snow.

Remember shoot or die!
February 02, 2013 12:56AM
IceVamp
I don't have anything but playing planned, so I don't care that much when we start. If it's ok for the other broskies, it's fine by me.
Only sceptical about starting earlier, and then only have a certain amount of time to play in.

We pretty much covered everything in 2 hours that we needed too....

Bane, we just need to get to the space port, then when I have to go we'll be in a position we can make up something for me to go do

Lift

Or hit things.... or people

You know, trueborn manly man things

Then ya'll can keep playing, ill just need someone to edit my char with Xp etc when your done

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2013 12:57AM by Yalk.
February 02, 2013 04:43PM
Its fine dude, I can do that easily. On way home from Newcastle now, see you all in three hours.
February 03, 2013 02:34PM
Last night was a good session guys. Because it was out of schedule, next session is this coming weeken
Megamek will be in use next week, so make sure you have a copy. Il be doing the calender this week and sharing it.

Im also listing the XP for each session in the other thread. Characters not present get group xp for being involved, but its your job to track it.

You will be able to spend xp at the end of a story arc within the campaign.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2013 02:36PM by Deathbane.
February 04, 2013 04:24AM
So what did you bitches do?

What XP did Shinzigga get for being an emotionless plank?

February 04, 2013 04:40AM
Deathbane
Im also listing the XP for each session in the other thread. Characters not present get group xp for being involved, but its your job to track it.
Since you're also a lazy plank; 4.

February 04, 2013 04:56AM
I had to leave a hour in

We killed a worm

Then got rescued

They saw some mechs that we aren't gonna get

Stephan and Bran got uppity with the freebirths in the transport because the REAL trueborn warrior wasn't there to crack some skulls and keep them in line

Then "we" met our commander and he needs his ass beat, I wasn't there to challenge him to a circle of equals but maybe next time...next time

That sums it up

February 04, 2013 06:30AM
Yalk
I had to leave a hour in

We killed a worm

Then got rescued

They saw some mechs that we aren't gonna get

Stephan and Bran got uppity with the freebirths in the transport because the REAL trueborn warrior wasn't there to crack some skulls and keep them in line

Then "we" met our commander and he needs his ass beat, I wasn't there to challenge him to a circle of equals but maybe next time...next time

That sums it up

"Training will commence as ordered, replacements for casualties will be dispatched."

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 06, 2013 10:24PM
IceVamp
Deathbane
Since you're also a lazy plank; 4.

He said it's our job to track it, don't hate on me for using my resources, i.e you guys. :p

February 08, 2013 10:55PM
Game is still on for tomorrow. We will be using megamek, so get your copies ready.
February 08, 2013 11:29PM
There's been sickness, so I don't know if I'll have a trainee with me at this point in time. I'm off 22 gmt, so I'll join about 15 minutes after that if I have a trainee, and it's ok?

February 09, 2013 04:33AM
I'm good for tomorrow

HONORABLE DEATH FOR THE CLAN

February 09, 2013 01:36PM
Thats fine icevamp, glad to see some people can make it. This week should be good if we get enough players, tonights going to see some significant mech action.

Oh, and more potential for horrendous character death. tongue sticking out smiley
February 09, 2013 02:30PM
More overgrown butt worms?

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 09, 2013 03:47PM
I should be able to make it tonight though I am going to the Cinema but its a early showing so I should be back home for about between 7 and 8 (GMT of course)

But I might be a bit late just to give a heads up.

Remember shoot or die!
February 09, 2013 04:19PM
I won't be able to make this one guys, younger brothers 19th so I've been given orders from my padre.

February 09, 2013 05:07PM
No trainee! So I'll be able to be on irc for the first hour, before a short break while I drive on home. I reckon there'll be some rp before we jump into megamek.

February 09, 2013 07:22PM
Yeah, you can probably scratch me from the list permanently. Since I couldn't participate in the first few sessions, I'm completely out of the loop, and I kinda lost interest aswell. Sorry.

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst, at once, into the sky
It would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 10:13PM by haarp.
February 10, 2013 08:11AM
Oh by the way guys what i have also decided to do and its also a little character building, is that I have wrote up a "Personal Log" of Jacobs experiences of the RP from his perspective.

Told in the form of Him telling his story, it will be updated with each session and of course only events that he has witnessed will be recorded, there is a certain character who remains unknown that he insinuates too (Jacob that is) simply as "Her" or "She" and if you knew who that person was and the relation ship between the two characters, you would also understand why Jacob gets piss drunk when the opportunity presents its self.

The idea of it as well is that, as the RP progresses and our characters develop, Dorn's Bio and Character will change or shift or even stay the same depending on what happens, it also explains a little more about his peculiar personality and back story.

Remember shoot or die!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 08:25AM by Trunham.
February 10, 2013 10:11AM
That's a really neat idea man.
Especially since in a afk table top rpg, we'd have a much more sense of each others characters, WHY they are doing the things they do.
There's less chance of discussion and storytelling (by the players) with this format.

Edit: For us that haven't lived and breathed BattleTech for most of our lives; [www.gamesnet.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 11:24AM by IceVamp.
February 10, 2013 05:26PM
I eat mini's

February 10, 2013 05:33PM
Yalk
I eat mini's

I eat corpses. Your argument is invalid.

[giant.gfycat.com]
[oi60.tinypic.com]
February 10, 2013 06:25PM
Battletech

Your argument never existed

February 10, 2013 09:30PM
Also we sould set up a Star v Star match in mega-mek for RP purposes and save the log of course.

Remember shoot or die!
February 11, 2013 01:33AM
sounds good let me know thursday or friday is gonna be better for me.

of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire. grinning smiley
February 11, 2013 02:59AM
2.nd claw has had a simulation session:
After the complete disintegration of Dorn by Pyre in the first ten seconds, Vane and Remus decided to gang up on Pyre's Thunderbolt C instead of tussling while being desintegrated. The tenious alliance didn't last long as soon the urbie and thunderbolt both were moderately damaged while Vane had remained monstly unscathed in his Stalking Spider. A jam forced Remus to chase Vane, and after losing his laser as well, resorting to self destruct and almost managed to down Vane with the blast wave.

Alphastriking had taken it's toll on Pyre's mech and Vane managed to leg it, knocking Pyre out. Several assaults later the trueborn woke up, but his mech was now too damaged to offer any real resistance just as Remus was crushed by one of the Stalking Spiders legs.

Vane's Stalking Spider could limp away after coring the Thunderbolt. How much of a beating he got from Pyre outside the simulator is unknown.

Log: [pastebin.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2013 03:08AM by IceVamp.
February 11, 2013 03:04AM
(this post is in character)

No that's bullshit, after a alpha stike Remus hit with with a UAC10 and my arm blew up and down I went.

thejn while blacked out helpless on the floor Dierson finished me off, from witch at the point Remus went blaring off down the field after Direson and Vane proceeded to shoot him in the asshole. with what ever weapons had the range.

Of course after a last defiant act, Remus went down in a blaze of glory and Dierson had his leg destroyed witch Vane then pounced upon and then proceeded again to blast away at the helpless mechs rear torso.

Remember shoot or die!
February 11, 2013 03:10AM
(IC)
I think your memory is a bit wobbly, spheroid. I took the fire from Remus' Ultra Autocannon right in the face.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2013 03:47AM by IceVamp.
February 11, 2013 03:22AM
RP

Start

It was an honorable display by all the cadets

My estimation of Dorn and Remus has increased, Dorn faced withering fire from 3 directions without flinching. If he performs as well in the field then he will do. I can not speak too what exact fire blacked him out

Remus aggression and refrain from physical combat is more than I expected.

Vane is already a proven clan warrior, he did well.

End report

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2013 03:28AM by Yalk.
February 11, 2013 05:51PM
Great posts, wrong thread haha
February 11, 2013 07:48PM
Deathbane
Great posts, wrong thread haha
You haven't officially opened the other thread for RP, have you?